Alamo Port Everglades drop-off to port for cruise departure?

knagl

Anyone have any recent experience with dropping off a rental car at the Eller Drive (Port Everglades) Alamo rental facility and then getting to your cruise ship?

I found a few older threads here saying that there's a shuttle, but it's a madhouse and the wait can be extensive. Any recent experience to confirm or deny that? Will an Uber/Lyft pick you up from there and bring you the rather short distance to your ship? Thanks in advance.

Edited by knagl

Honestly, that's probably more trouble than it's worth and I'm not sure they would. If you're able-bodied and don't want to take the shuttle, you can always drop your luggage and any family members off at the ship, return the car, and then walk back to the ship. It's just over 1/2 mile and an extremely easy walk. Aside from that I would just manage with the shuttle if you're not interested in walking.

This past Sunday we did just that. My husband dropped us and our luggage off at the Port. He then took rental back to the Eller Dr location and the shuttle back. He said it was a little crowded and it took about 15- 20 mins to get back to us, but that was because he couldn't fit on the first shuttle. The second one came less than 5 mins later.

Our experience was with Enterprise. Shuttle wasn't an issue. Turning in, picking up car for trip back to Orlando was more of a problem. Long lines.

When we dropped the car, there were lots of people waiting in line for cars. Counter people kept calling for turn-ins to come forward. They needed the cars.

When we picked up the car for going back to Orlando, it was much calmer.

Neither time did we wait more than 10 minutes for a shuttle. In fact, when we left the ship, the first shuttle up was Alamo but he told us no problem, he would drop us at Enterprise. Said they help each other out.

Thank you all for the feedback. Sounds like the shuttle isn't too long of a wait, and that's fine. We did the Alamo shuttle from the airport location (when they still offered that), and the wait was longer than an hour just to board because there were so many people. ~20 minutes isn't a big deal at all.

If you're able-bodied and don't want to take the shuttle, you can always drop your luggage and any family members off at the ship, return the car, and then walk back to the ship. It's just over 1/2 mile and an extremely easy walk.

I suspect it makes a difference as to where your ship is docked. Looking at Google maps, it's over a mile and a half from Alamo to Pier 2, which is where my Princess cruise ship is likely going to be docked.