Ravenna - Is this possible?

account4fun

We will have a 7a-7p stop in Ravenna on a Sunday. We have a group split on visiting the Ferrari Museum in Maranello and visiting San Vitale & Galla Placidia.

Thoughts on if it's realistic to fit in both if we had a private guide or rental car?

You could give the Ferrarri museum a good going-over in about two hours, but you can also take an optional tour of the production area and the test track, which will add another 90 minutes or so. Then there is Enzo Ferrari's house, which is also supposed to be pretty good. I've only been to the main museum and the tour of the production area and track, which I enjoyed, even though I'm not really a car enthusiast. There are also people offering a chance to drive a Ferrarri, which will add another couple of hours to the visit if anyone wants to do that. Some of the drives go through the beautiful countryside, and over the narrow, twisty roads, so are pretty exciting!

If you have lunch in the area, and you like wine, be sure to sample some Lambrusco. It's a world away from the horrible stuff that I remember from my misspent youth. Good Lambrusco is a real treat.

Well, on a Sunday it is almost impossible to get a rental car in Italy except at major airports. So unless you find a notable exception you can cross off that option. And for future reference keep in mind that most rental cars in Italy are manual shift. If you cannot drive a stick you will either pay a large premium or be totally out of luck.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

• 4 weeks later...