Guaranteed Balcony Cabin

matymil

I just booked a cruise on the Pride for Nov and this was my first time using a travel agent. She booked in something called a Guaranteed Balcony. Does this mean that I'm more than likely going to an obstruction view? I always like knowing what room I'm in so this has made me a little nervous. Has anybody else done guaranteed balcony? And if so how was your experience?

It is possible that you could get an obstructed view balcony, as there are plenty of those on this ship. But I don't know what the chances are of that. The Pride has those on deck 5. The obstruction is the lifeboat, which come up to the railing of the balcony. So when you look out, you would have a clear view. But looking down, you would see the lifeboat. For people booking with a rate that lets them pick their own rooms, many people do pick these, because they are the cheapest balconies. So if enough people pick them, your chances of getting a regular, unobstructed balcony goes up. But if you do get an obstructed view, it's still a good room. And depending on what rate you're under, it might have been more expensive to pick your own room.

Archived