How much extra $$$ to bring for Little French Key

CTCruiser001

We are looking at doing a full day at this small island resort...The fare includes 2 drinks, and an island style lunch. We are not the type of people who would do water activities other than wade out, float, and maybe sit on water loungers.

How much money would be safe to bring for extra expenses, such as drinks, food, etc?

Thanks,

We are looking at doing a full day at this small island resort...The fare includes 2 drinks, and an island style lunch. We are not the type of people who would do water activities other than wade out, float, and maybe sit on water loungers.

How much money would be safe to bring for extra expenses, such as drinks, food, etc?

Thanks,

You don't need any money for food when it's included. It's a huge lunch and you won't be hungry. The only thing you would need to bring is money for drinks if you wanted more than the 2 free drinks they give you. Everything else is included in your day package there (unless you wanted to snorkel). The canoes and animals are free. :)

How about money for tips to the driver of the shuttle and the "ferry" boat? Also how many people were on the island that would need to be tipped as well?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

How about money for tips to the driver of the shuttle and the "ferry" boat? Also how many people were on the island that would need to be tipped as well?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Well that's an obvious and at your own discretion so I didn't mention that. ;)

How much extra $ to bring is up to you, as Mitsu mentioniond...We paid for our day @ Frenchy's...(the van ride to & from is ~ 20 min each way, you may or may not have the same driver both ways, altho we did...so keep that in conderation.)

The ferry to & fro is three to five minutes..., they blow the horn, turn on some jammin' music, & you're off!

I got a massage in August ~ $30 or so...plus tip...

Then there's the bartender, as you mentioned...I don't remember seeing a 'tip' jar for the food servers...so, in a nut shell, it just 'depends'...but other than that, since you weren't going to snorkel, that's about it! Enjoy!:D

WOW ! Thanks, Kim! I was unaware of that site. And by the way, I just saw your photos of Maya Key and am now planning to go there next Jan. steve

I think it's pretty new. LFK just announced it on their page. It's great to see it though.

Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TqDUfJqkNE

Here's a little about the place and people that own it: http://www.honduras.com/little-french-keyisland-oasis/

Love Maya Key as well. You'll love the snorkeling there. It's amazing. :)