Marseilles - Bus 60 to cathedral

Ecuador

Has anyone used bus number 60 to get to the cathedral?

Yes I have, and it saves a hell of a walk up the hill.

If you want to see the route and times, just use Google maps, pick your start and end point, then choose the public transport option.

Google have incorporated just about all the public transport bus and train information for the whole of Europe into their maps (no idea about elsewhere), so you no longer need to try and decipher local web sites.

Have fun in Marseille, I thought it a surprising nice place to visit when I stopped there last year.

We were in Marseilles in April and took the 60 up to N.D. de la Garde.

Suggest you pick up the bus near MuCEM/Fort St Jean instead of at the Vieux Port. By the time the bus gets to V.P. it is full. You won't get a seat and may even have to wait until the next bus.

Along with N.D. de la Garde, suggest a visit to Cathedral La Major as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering which dock in Marseille is used by Costa cruise ships - I've seen one near Joliet and another near La Major (and also near that cathedral.)

We docked there about two years ago on another cruise line and the dock they used seemed a lot further out of town, or at least much further north of the big marina (Ville Port).

Any help would be appreciated! :)

• 3 months later...
Anyone know where Royal Caribbean dock?

I want a leisurely day at port, just browsing and taking in the atmosphere really. Is it feasible to walk to ND de la Garde from vieux port? I am mid 40s and of good health but not overly fit.

Wouldn't want to walk up to ND.dG unless I was very fit and treated it like a pilgrimage. It's at the top of a very high hill. About 150m / 500ft above the port.

Walking down would be doable if you don't mind lots of steps.

I saw people walking both up and down the hill, but more going down than up.

• 2 months later...
How do you get to the city from the cruise port? We arrive on a Monday and from what I have read the shuttle doesn't run that day. Is taxi very expensive?

Is Marseilles a port stop or are you embarking there?

The port bus is convenient and free, but I don't think it runs every day.

The cruise lines run their own shuttles. They are expensive, but not as much as a taxi.

There is also the number 35 city bus, although it is a bit of a walk from the highway where the stop is back into the port.

Is Marseilles a port stop or are you embarking there?

The port bus is convenient and free, but I don't think it runs every day.

The cruise lines run their own shuttles. They are expensive, but not as much as a taxi.

There is also the number 35 city bus, although it is a bit of a walk from the highway where the stop is back into the port.

It is our first port stop..