Pre-Cruise Port Canaveral Family of 5

ladybub101

After reading some threads, I see Cocoa Beach is the best place to stay pre-cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Can anyone recommend a snooze/cruise package for a family of 5? A quick look and I see the hotels only offer transportation for 2. We would rather not rent a car, but need transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise. We will need a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise.

Thanks!

Check out the Residence Inn for the hotel. They have true two-bedroom suites and also a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

I'd arrange airport to hotel shuttle separately. Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, and Travelynx are frequently mentioned.

I agree with the previous post. Do not be concerned with Fly, Stay and Cruise Packages. Everything considered, these are often NOT the best option in terms of convenience and even costs.

At this point it is more important to find an hotel you like and meet your budget because you will be there for two nights. Adding the transfers later is super easy. And do not discount the car rental because it can be very cheap and dropping the car is very simple and efficient especially on cruise day. Afterwards it may not be the best idea.

Do you want to be within easy/safe walking of the beach? Ocean views? Do you want a standard hotel pool or a fun one? Close to bars and restaurants? One-bedroom or two bedrooms? Are you looking for something in the low budget range (Motel 6, Econo Lodge, Comfort Inn) or Hiltons and Marriotts?

Thank you both.

Being within walking distance of the beach would be great. Standard hotel pool is fine, although fun would be better (the kids will be 8, 10, 12 at the time). Close to restaurants is a must. Size of room doesn't matter, as long as we are allowed 5/room. Low-medium budget.

We stayed at the residence Inn in Cape Canaveral. We had a suite with two bedrooms, one bedroom had a king size bed and the other bedroom had two doubles. There are 2 bathrooms, a small kitchen and small living room with a sofa bed. It would easily fit five people.

They have a shuttle from the hotel to the ship I think it was eight dollars a person but can't remember for sure. Anyway it was cheaper for us to take a taxi

We booked Best Western Cocoa Beach. Its on the beach, within walking distance to a lot of stuff, and if you end up renting a car in Orlando and drive down to Cocoa Beach, Avis is less then a mile from there, so easy walking distance back. They do offer a shuttle from BW to the port for 6.00 per person.

Based on your requirements I would begin the search at the Cocoa Beach Pier area! You have 4 hotels to choose from - in this order try:

La Quinta Oceanfront, Best Western and Days Inn.

There are several very good restaurants and bars nearby.

The Ale House is a popular sports bar and restaurant. Across the street near Publix is Coasters Taphouse – one of the most popular new restaurant/bars in Cocoa Beach with great food and many beers and wine on tap! Just a block to the east is the famous Cocoa Beach Pier with several restaurants/bars and always busy with both locals and visitors! Ohana J’s Steakhouse is fine although not as popular as the others.

For takeout meals, both Mexico’s Grill and Kim Bo Chinese are excellent choices and recommended.

All these hotels have rooms for 5.

For more exciting pools (with slides, etc) near the beach, try the Holiday Inn Club and the International Palms. Further down the beach the Hampton Inn sometimes has good rates.

Cocoa-Beach-Pier-Hotels.jpg

We stayed at the residence Inn in Cape Canaveral. We had a suite with two bedrooms, one bedroom had a king size bed and the other bedroom had two doubles. There are 2 bathrooms, a small kitchen and small living room with a sofa bed. It would easily fit five people.

They have a shuttle from the hotel to the ship I think it was eight dollars a person but can't remember for sure. Anyway it was cheaper for us to take a taxi

How long ago were you there? There are 5 of us & this configuration would work great, but I'm not seeing anything like this on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How long ago were you there? There are 5 of us & this configuration would work great, but I'm not seeing anything like this on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here are the current choices based on what we saw:

All rooms offer a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

The Two-bedroom Suite rooms (max 6 people) are particularly nice because you get a living area separating two bedrooms each with a king bed as well as 2 bathrooms. The living room has a sofa bed. You can add one rollaway bed for $15 extra per night. There is a TV in each of the 3 rooms.

You can also opt for a One-Bedroom Suite (max 6 people) – a king or two queens in the bedroom and a pull-out queen sofa in the living room. You can add one rollaway bed for $15 extra per night. There is a TV in each of the 2 rooms.

Studio Rooms (max 4 people) feature a king bed and a sofa bed. You can add one rollaway bed for $15 extra per night.

And Cruise Ship views!

You have limited views of terminal 1 from the top floors of the front of the building.

Residence Inn - pictures here