Aft Cabin 9704, Liberty of The Seas, Good choice?

TheD1gitalMe

I've booked the Aft cabin 9704 on Liberty of The Seas for our Transatlantic Cruise next year and have read many reviews that seem to be either really positive saying that you get great views and a larger balcony but also bad reviews about soot on the balconies and the superstructure getting in the way

I just wanted to know if these are real benefits and real problems?

Yes....the balcony is deeper than on the side of the ship. Don't think soot is a problem on the newer ships. You will have some ship to look past before the ocean comes into view....it's not like a side balcony, where you stand at the rail and look down to the water. If you look down from these balconies, you see the deck below you. It's also quite a long walk from the stairs and elevators....not long enough to burn calories, but just long enough to be a pain, if you come and go from the cabin alot!!!

Edited by cb at sea

We have been in #9708 on Liberty & Indy and I think you have done well to have #9704 (even more so because it is a corner aft) as it is the same wake view we had which is amazing !!..Many complain about not being able to look straight down to the water but this is of little/no concern to us..We were always too busy looking out at the wake..Enjoy this great sought after location..I know the minute you walk out there any doubts you may have let others give you will be GONE...:D

Edited by Ashland

• 3 years later...

A few main concerns for Cabin selection are... Noise Levels, Movement , Cost, Accesability

If you get sea sick try to get a Cabin in the center or the ship and a little lower. Be aware lower cabins sometimes are near compartments that house extended parts of the engine and can be noisy. Center cabins may also end up very near the elevator or stairs. I always choose center area cabins but on one occasion there were alot of 10-16 yr olds that were up running the halls all night playing on the elevators and stairs. Also look carefully at the ship maps to see what is above your head. Another level of sleeping quarters or the art gallery is fine but I would not reccomend being under a dining room or night club. Do you care if you are within a few doors from the laundry ? For warmer climates I like a balcony but colder I prefer a ocean view. Your best line of defense is to know what you do not want and ask your booking agent to make reccomendations. What a treat it would be to be offered a free upgrade to a suite. Personally I have turned it down since it is in the very front of the ship near a top level. Do your research you wont be sorry. Visit my travel blog www.atouristlife.com Thanks :)