Lunch in St. Thomas

CruzinScotty

We'll be in St. Thomas at the end of May for a day. Any suggestions for a good lunch spot?

Most likely in Charlotte Amalie, but would head over to Red Hook if there was something interesting there.

Something for on the local side would be great.

We asked around in town and were told by all to try Glady's Cafe. it was terrific. Right in Charlotte Amalie down one of the alleyways. Ask around. We had conch chowder and fritters (the fritters were amazing) and great fish sandwiches!

Sounds like Cuzzin's is a resounding winner! We've got a group of 9, including parents in their 70's and 80's. I haven't found a complete menu, but finally found a mention of "burgers for the tourists" ;); in case their tastebuds aren't up to the Caribbean flair. For me, the choices I did hear of sound like I could eat there for a week to try all the good looking options. :D

Thanks so much!

Scotty: Try to get everyone to at least TRY something local. The chicken soup, the conch in butter sauce or curried mutton, side dishes like plantain, boiled green banana, and maybe a drink or two- sea moss or peanut punch, passion fruit, or one of the bartender's rum concoctions! YUM!

Archived