Earliest flight departure time at Fort Lauderdale airpot for cruise ending in Miami

alert

I will be finishing my cruise on the NCL Getaway on Mar 29 in Miami. If I want to fly out of Fort Lauderdale airport, what is the earliest flight departure time that I should book?

Also, what is the best way to get from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport and vice versa for 2 people?

Thanks so much.

I will be finishing my cruise on the NCL Getaway on Mar 29 in Miami. If I want to fly out of Fort Lauderdale airport, what is the earliest flight departure time that I should book?

Also, what is the best way to get from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport and vice versa for 2 people?

Thanks so much.

If you are talking "early flights", Cab is the best way to get to FLL because you just jump in and go. Sure it's more expensive, but it is also way more convenient.

That ship disembarks at 8 a.m. The safe time to start booking flights would be at noon or later. I would not book anything earlier than 11:30 a.m.

If you are a risk taker and assume you will have no issues from disembark to traffic to airport and will be in the first group off the ship you can gamble with 10:30 a.m. I wouldn't do it, but its possible. Get in the cab by 8:45 and leave yourself 45 minutes to Fort Lauderdale airport for a 9:30 arrival. One issue with traffic or at the port derails this idea. Give the cabbie extra for the Express Lane. It will be stressful and uncomfortable, but that is a decision you have to make.

Getting to POM from FLL, I hear shuttles is the cheapest way for 2. There are some good resources on here in regards to that.

Good Luck.

Edited by kdawg954

I agree with the above -- 11:30 or noon to be safe would be my suggestion for earliest flight time. SAS (http://www.ridesas.com), QLS(Quality Limo Service), Go Airport Shuttle and many others provide shared shuttle service between FLL and POM for about $15 per person each way. Taxi will run on the meter - expect to pay $75-80+ :eek: