Hotel Transport from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami

katiemiller1@charter.net

First, if you look over on the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

you will find tons of info on how to get around in The Ft Lauderdale/Miami area.

Second, as the drive between Ft lauderdale and Miami is 40-45 minutes, no hotel is running a shuttle from FLL to Miami. As described on the Florida board, there are several shared shuttles to chose from. Or taxis. Or limos.

I would just rent a car at FLL, go to your hotel and then drop it off the next day in Miami. There are several rental companies that will shuttle you from their downtown Miami office to the port - Avis is one I have used in the past. Super convenient.

You can do the same on the return...shuttle from port to office, then drop off at FLL the next day.

The advantage is that you have wheels in SoFla and aren't stuck in the hotel overnight. You can have your choice of meals outside the hotel restaurant and also do any shopping for anything you may have forgotten. Or chosen to buy in SoFla - I do this with my contact solution, mouthwash and sunblock (which is always available in SoFla, not so much in winter elsewhere), plus other things that are heavy and I'd rather not put in the checked bag on the plane. If you are trying to go with one bag, you can save a bunch of weight by not toting liquids.

I'd even bet that the cost is pretty close as well between shuttles/taxis and a rental. And when you do book a car, sign up with AutoSlash to monitor your rental car rate.

Edited by FlyerTalker