Travel Insurance for U.K.citizen

Harts grove

I would appreciate if you can suggest me few travel insurance companies for pre existing medical insurance. I know one can not advertise the companies but must be some way to get hold of the name of companies who specialize in this field. Your help is much appreciated.Looking forward for your replies.

All insurance companies will cover an element of common pre existing conditions. It depends entirely on what conditions that you need to cover. For some conditions e.g. Cancer the options can be more limited depending the severity. Try having a look at website for your condition e.g. British heart foundation or McMillan. These will list companies to try for your condition. All companies will cover things like high blood pressure, stable diabetes, asthma etc.

Val

We have just taken out travel insurance for our cruise in July. My wife is a type 1 diabetic and most companies add a bit of an extra charge for known conditions. We spent ages looking at loads of sites and the best one was a company called ' cover 4 you.com ' it had a top rating for insurance companies and offered the best deal. It only worked out at £64 for our 10 night. Cruise which we thought was good value. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are insured with Staysure, they quoted £100 for 14 days for 5 of us. Each medical condition i.e. high blood pressure, asthma, migraine etc was approximately £5 extra each condition, providing you have had this condition for 6 months or longer and your medication has not changed again for the last 6 months. So this ended up £126 which I thought was very good. I have recently been diagnosed with high cholesterol so I rang Staysure to inform them and as this is a new condition they have charged me £37 extra plus another £10 to change the policy, due to this being a new condition. The policy is now costing around £170. We are not travelling until July this year, so it may have been worthwhile to have waited nearer the time to get insurance.

I would appreciate if you can suggest me few travel insurance companies for pre existing medical insurance. I know one can not advertise the companies but must be some way to get hold of the name of companies who specialize in this field. Your help is much appreciated.Looking forward for your replies.

I think the advertising moratorium relates to discussing the merits of Travel Agents and alternative ways of booking the cruise itself and actually naming these specific organisations.

Regards John