LAX - questions about T4 arrival to T6 departure

Freckles_51

My flights (both AA):

HNL-LAX arrives in T4

LAX-YYZ leaves from T6

I understand I can choose to walk from T4 to T6 or take the airport shuttle.

Any recommendations?

Which would be faster? (JIK I need to hurry! :p )

Will I be leaving the secure area and therefore have to go through security screening at T6?

Any guesses as to how long that might take?

If it makes a difference, flight arrives LAX 5:49am and the 2nd leg leaves LAX 8:15am...assuming they are both on schedule :p

And I guess I might be hungry.....best terminal for breakfast? (something quick, breakfast sandwich, toasted bagel, something like that)

Thanks

:)

There are underground tunnels connecting terminals 4, 5 and 6, all "airside," so you don't need to leave the secure area. It probably takes ~15 min. or less for the whole hike. Note the tunnels are not very pretty; many people call them "creepy" in fact, but they're efficient.

There's also an airside shuttle bus that runs between T4 and T6, but the timing seems a bit haphazard.

We have walked from 4 to 6 two or three times. I did not know about the tunnels but the walk is not that long or far or hard with just carry-on. Friends that we met in 6 waited a while for the shuttle. Walking may be faster. We did have to go through security again. There were quick restaurants in 4 and some restaurants in 6 but I did not notice if there was a quick breakfast option.

Thanks for the infor Gardyloo and tvmovielover.

There is a map on LAX website that indicates a "terminal connector" between 5 & 6, 6 & 7 and 7 & 8, but doesn't show one between 4 & 5. Is the one between 4 & 5 fairly new then, perhaps the map has not been updated?

Thanks for the infor Gardyloo and tvmovielover.

There is a map on LAX website that indicates a "terminal connector" between 5 & 6, 6 & 7 and 7 & 8, but doesn't show one between 4 & 5. Is the one between 4 & 5 fairly new then, perhaps the map has not been updated?

It's actually not that new but was closed for years. It reopened in October 2014; the map hasn't been updated. http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfly/los-angeles-airport-terminal-connection-tunnels-connect-between-terminals-4-8-without-re-clearing-security.html

Note the article talks about connecting to Alaska or US Airways flights out of T6. Subsequent to the article AA merged with US, and also acquired a few new gates at T6.

Edited by Gardyloo

It's actually not that new but was closed for years. It reopened in October 2014; the map hasn't been updated. http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfly/los-angeles-airport-terminal-connection-tunnels-connect-between-terminals-4-8-without-re-clearing-security.html

Note the article talks about connecting to Alaska or US Airways flights out of T6. Subsequent to the article AA merged with US, and also acquired a few new gates at T6.

Great info, thank you