Lack Of US itineraries ?

bizzy2010

Not sure what your question is? During high season, there are numerous ships which visit the island, some on a weekly schedule, some bi-weekly, and some on other types of schedules. There are still a good amount of ships visiting St Lucia in April, and two option who visit weekly during May- Sept, after which a few more lines return.

For questions on why specific lines don't have itineraries to the Caribbean or whatnot, those should be addressed to the cruise line. Essentially, most lines have found that other destinations around the world are more popular, and thus more profitable, during the North American summer over the Caribbean in general....

• 2 weeks later...

I should of been more specific... Florida outward bound cruises. I guess it's all about the ports vs $$ . I guess our option is to take a 7-10 day princess or fly out there, but ever check the flights to st lucia? It's like a 24 hour event unless you live in miami.We'd probably just drive to miami and then fly over, but again it's very sporadic. Maybe st.lucia isn't as popular as i thought it was.

I should of been more specific... Florida outward bound cruises. I guess it's all about the ports vs $$ . I guess our option is to take a 7-10 day princess or fly out there, but ever check the flights to st lucia? It's like a 24 hour event unless you live in miami.We'd probably just drive to miami and then fly over, but again it's very sporadic. Maybe st.lucia isn't as popular as i thought it was.

Yes, I have checked the flights to St Lucia numerous times. I can get from LAX to St Lucia in just under 12 hours on AA, and return in similar. AA has daily flights. Pretty decent connections on Delta also. Just take the redeyes. JetBlue is daily during the season. US Airways through Charlotte 5 times a week. United through Philly Sat and Sunday through the season. And so on.... As your profile isn't complete, no way of knowing where you are coming from, so cant help with specifics.

And yes, if you meant departures from Florida, should have noted that, as San Juan is the US also, and they have weekly seven night sailings that include St Lucia all year round....

And of course it's about $$$. Cruises are business, and will sail form ports that make them the most $$$, which is where the highest demand is. And that's not the Caribbean in summertime - many more popular, and prosperous, ports during that time of year.