Which night for Cirque Dreams?

abohrer13

We are thinking about going to the Cirque Dreams show on the first night of our cruise. Does anyone have any pros/cons to going at this time? We are bringing our daughters, ages 12 and 10, and I'm afraid it may conflict with some event for the youth. On Carnival cruises, they have a family activity the first night of the cruise. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Once upon a time, they use to offer a discount for the first night of the cruise since the show was never full. Haven't looked for this recently.

In terms of your DDs, it is good to get them integrated into the youth programs onboard on the first day (let them make new friends when everyone else is doing that). But, all families go to dinner, so go and enjoy the Cirque.

Travel Tip: Buy the Premium seats. Seating is first come first serve. The Havens Suites guest will be seated before general seating starts through a side door (i.e. the best seats will be gone before the doors open). Have someone from your party in line at the Spiegel Tent about 1 hour before show time with the remainder of your party showing up at least 30 minutes before show time (when the doors open). You are seated by the hostess.

I'd definitely recommend the premium seats. Downstairs if you don't mind participating, or upstairs if you'd rather not. The upstairs seats still give a great view and a few people asked to move up there after being originally seated downstairs.

The first few nights tend to have long queues but that tailed off towards the end of the week, so you were more likely to get the seats you wanted with less of a queue. That might be a factor if the first day discount isn't still in place.

Once upon a time, they use to offer a discount for the first night of the cruise since the show was never full. Haven't looked for this recently.

In terms of your DDs, it is good to get them integrated into the youth programs onboard on the first day (let them make new friends when everyone else is doing that). But, all families go to dinner, so go and enjoy the Cirque.

Travel Tip: Buy the Premium seats. Seating is first come first serve. The Havens Suites guest will be seated before general seating starts through a side door (i.e. the best seats will be gone before the doors open). Have someone from your party in line at the Spiegel Tent about 1 hour before show time with the remainder of your party showing up at least 30 minutes before show time (when the doors open). You are seated by the hostess.

Thanks! That is helpful!

I'd definitely recommend the premium seats. Downstairs if you don't mind participating, or upstairs if you'd rather not. The upstairs seats still give a great view and a few people asked to move up there after being originally seated downstairs.

The first few nights tend to have long queues but that tailed off towards the end of the week, so you were more likely to get the seats you wanted with less of a queue. That might be a factor if the first day discount isn't still in place.

Thank you for your help!