Closest Pharmacy to Pier

meanmom08

I have heard that they fill at least US prescriptions on both sides.

info@pharmacystmaarten.com

gary

Interesting. We have never tried to fill a prescription on the island.

DH was able to prescribe antibiotics once for DD in St. Thomas using his American licence and asked if he would have been able to use his Canadian and I believe he was told that he could but not for Narcotics. He had his licence with him so it wasn't the same as someone just showing up with a prescription to be filled in our case.

I can see heading to a pharmacy if a prescription was needed during the time one was visiting the island. I would wonder if there are truly any savings on pharmaceuticals in St Martin or any Eastern C island, since everything has to be imported. Just asking.

I can see heading to a pharmacy if a prescription was needed during the time one was visiting the island. I would wonder if there are truly any savings on pharmaceuticals in St Martin or any Eastern C island, since everything has to be imported. Just asking.

Is it possible that there would be a medicine that you could get filled in St. Maarten that wasn't "available" in the states or Europe let's say?

karysa,

Can't answer your question, but check out this older thread.

gary

How did you remember that old thread? It was so random? I'm impressed.:D

I did remember it right away as soon as I read one post.

I can understand how in one country you need a prescription and in another country you can purchase the same product over the counter but how would they verify a prescription from one country to the other? This is such an interesting topic.

karysa,

Just like I remember what I posted in these threads:

Walking between Mullet and Maho

Pollution.

I really try to just speak the truth, so it's fairly easy to remember what I've posted. :)

gary

Two of my faviorite threads. The one about the eyelash drug was so much more of a "one and done" that makes it all so much more impressive.:)

I emailed the pharmacist at Phillipsburg Pharmacy and was told they could fill my American RX for Lumagen. I described it as "the generic of Latisse". He corrected me saying it isn't the generic, it's the same thing. At any rate, Latisse costs about $130 a month in the US, and Phillipsburg Pharmacy charges $30 for Lumagen. He said he could mail it to me for $15 more. I'm planning to take a taxi to the pharmacy and get a 4 month supply.