Summit 3 Day- Itnerary

LemonNeko

I think I have my plans ready. Hopefully the weather with co-operate. There will be 3 of us. My 4 year old son, my mum and myself.

Day 1 - The the ferry to St. George. How realistic is it to catch the 9:30 am ferry on the first day? Am I better going to St. George on the second day? I'd like to do a carriage tour, lunch, tobacco bay and possibly Fort Catherine if time permits and take the 5:30 pm ferry back to the dockyard.

Day 2 - Take public transportation to Shelly Bay in the morning. Return to the ship in the afternoon and try the Tiki Beach Party at Snorkel Park (It looks like it might be lame but I love bonfires on the beach).

Day 3- Use the mini bus to go to Horseshoe Bay

Does this seem realistic? There's a lot of stuff I'm not going to get to do but I want to be able to relax without too much rushing around.

What is the mini bus? Is that the same as he pink bus?

What is the cost?

Where can I get it?

Does it take you to the bottom of the hill?

Does it take you back to the ship?

The pink bus is public transportation. The mini bus/shuttle are privately owned buses.

The cost is $7P/P each way.

Here's a map for private transportation options at the Dockyard; you would look in Zone 5:

Zones.jpg

It takes you to the bottom of the hill.

To go back to the ship, look for one waiting for passengers. At HSB, you should see a sign like this:

Shuttle.jpg

Originally posted by Charles4515.

SBtS

I think I have my plans ready. Hopefully the weather with co-operate. There will be 3 of us. My 4 year old son, my mum and myself.

Day 1 - The the ferry to St. George. How realistic is it to catch the 9:30 am ferry on the first day? Am I better going to St. George on the second day? I'd like to do a carriage tour, lunch, tobacco bay and possibly Fort Catherine if time permits and take the 5:30 pm ferry back to the dockyard.

Day 2 - Take public transportation to Shelly Bay in the morning. Return to the ship in the afternoon and try the Tiki Beach Party at Snorkel Park (It looks like it might be lame but I love bonfires on the beach).

Day 3- Use the mini bus to go to Horseshoe Bay

Does this seem realistic? There's a lot of stuff I'm not going to get to do but I want to be able to relax without too much rushing around.

You should be able to make the 9:30 ferry to St. George if you want to do it the first day. I made it two years ago and three years ago from the Summit. This year I did flip and do it the second day, which I preferred but I would have easily been able to make it if I had wanted to. We actually docked earlier than 8:30 and the ship cleared for us to get off pretty fast. YMMV.

Your plans are realistic.

Edited by Charles4515

You should be able to make the 9:30 ferry to St. George if you want to do it the first day. I made it two years ago and three years ago from the Summit. This year I did flip and do it the second day, which I preferred but I would have easily been able to make it if I had wanted to. We actually docked earlier than 8:30 and the ship cleared for us to get off pretty fast. YMMV.

Your plans are realistic.

Thanks for confirming we can likely make it. St. George is the part I'm most looking forward to so if the weather looks good all three days I may flip and go on the Thursday.

On your Shelly Bay plans, just be aware that it's a bit of a trip from Dockyard...requiring a ferry to either Hamilton or St. George, followed by a #10 or 11 bus to the beach. Going via Hamilton should be faster.

Edited by njhorseman