Guess what ships Bathroom this is?

I agree - Dream on account of floor as you say Linda - also the 4th picture has a small triangle of carpet showing from outside the bathroom door and that looks like the new Platinum carpeting!

We've always found the ensuite sanitary wear to be in pretty good condition but this definitely looks like the Dream to me! :rolleyes:

I'd say it was the Dream?? Due to the wooden floor and the fact that it has a bath :)

:( Hi Linda it was a nightmare bathroom not a Dream, but had to put up with it for 2 weeks as ship was full

Bob

What cabin number was it? We are going on her soon:rolleyes:

Cabin 1001 deck 10:rolleyes:

I did ask if this was upgraded and was told it was, as you can see it was not completed.

January 30th, 2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomson Cruises

Hi Bob,

We're just looking into this for you. Once we've got more details, we'll let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Lauren

Oh Thomson do get back on here then, that's nice of you please let me know soon so I can load my USB stick up with films

I just hope that my cabin 1001 has been refurbished to your platinum class.

Thanks in advance

Bob

I would take the photos to travel agent if you booked thru them and ask them to explain or email the CEO and ask if this is what he calls platinum - I don't think I could have used the bath - what cabin was that?

I have emailed them but it can take unto 28 days to reply.:mad:

Dear Valued Customer,

Your feedback is really important to us-so we'd like to start by thanking you for taking the time to contact us.

Our aim is to give your comments the attention they deserve, so we'll now undertake a full investigation. This may mean us contacting several departments within our company, including in some cases our colleagues who work far away in our overseas holiday resorts.

We'd be really grateful for your patience over the coming days while we gather all the information we need.

Please rest assured, however, that we'll contact you as soon as possible. In fact, our aim is to have completed our investigation and contact you within 28 calendar days.

DreamJan2013_04_zps10e10f3a.jpg

Do you think this wash basin is a different design to those grab posted? The design looks rather modern and the over-flow looks different also the shape of the moulding for the soap - in which case is this a replaced washbasin (in the refurb?) and that in grab's cabin has not been changed?

Did you get the impression grab that they haven't yet completed all the up-dating or that they aren't planning to change that one?

its definitely the dream.....i recognise the carpet

tbo a lot of the bathrooms on dream have seen better days (chipped basins, flaking grout replaced with great gobs of silicone etc)

stewards do try to keep them spotlessly clean tho….and showers are powerfull

we were on deck 10 too…..ours was the same.....pink bath was basically brown (no enamel left) seems like deck 10 bathrooms are worse than is usual?

cabin itself was nice….refurbished....quiet location

That is pretty bad and you must have paid a significant amount of money to upgrade to that cabin.

I know I would have been upset with that cabin and would have been reluctant to get into the bath.

Is this typical of the outside plus bathrooms on the Dream? If so, I will keep my inside and my shower.

What I don't get is this. Do other people not complain?

I have emailed them but it can take unto 28 days to reply.:mad:

Dear Valued Customer,

Your feedback is really important to us-so we'd like to start by thanking you for taking the time to contact us.

Our aim is to give your comments the attention they deserve, so we'll now undertake a full investigation. This may mean us contacting several departments within our company, including in some cases our colleagues who work far away in our overseas holiday resorts.

We'd be really grateful for your patience over the coming days while we gather all the information we need.

Please rest assured, however, that we'll contact you as soon as possible. In fact, our aim is to have completed our investigation and contact you within 28 calendar days.

:eek: we have 5 days to deal with a customer complaint - today I had one and it had to be dealt with within 3 hrs - I managed it :) it was an easy one

That is pretty bad and you must have paid a significant amount of money to upgrade to that cabin.

I know I would have been upset with that cabin and would have been reluctant to get into the bath.

Is this typical of the outside plus bathrooms on the Dream? If so, I will keep my inside and my shower.

Hi Nell I'm sorry but only looked at our cabin on deck 10, we didn't use the bath only showered in it, we have seen better baths in a bed and breakfast in Margate lol

quick question for grab1....off topic I know (my apologies) ....but you were in cabin 1001, was your window fully obstructed or partially?

apart from the bathroom....I did like deck 10...very convenient for the pools/bars/restaurants

:eek: we have 5 days to deal with a customer complaint - today I had one and it had to be dealt with within 3 hrs - I managed it :) it was an easy one

Are you a Thomson advisor then? If so help me get some of my £3800 back

:)

quick question for grab1....off topic I know (my apologies) ....but you were in cabin 1001, was your window fully obstructed or partially?

apart from the bathroom....I did like deck 10...very convenient for the pools/bars/restaurants

Hi geomagot it was partially by lifeboat crane but can see out of it perfectly

Hi geomagot it was partially by lifeboat crane but can see out of it perfectly

thanks grab....ours too was partially....still plenty of natural daylight

nice spacious cabin....shame about the bath

to be fair...the baths are so small they are really just hip baths....I only use them to shower in and the showers are good

some baths are very worn, never dirty tho, (they clean them so much thatthe enamel wears off) although I agree not very aesthetically pleasing

agree on the chipped basins and scum around the taps....horrible!....should be replaced imo….not what you would expect from plus cabin

DreamJan2013_04_zps10e10f3a.jpg

Do you think this wash basin is a different design to those grab posted? The design looks rather modern and the over-flow looks different also the shape of the moulding for the soap - in which case is this a replaced washbasin (in the refurb?) and that in grab's cabin has not been changed?

Did you get the impression grab that they haven't yet completed all the up-dating or that they aren't planning to change that one?

Hi Kruzseeka,

Your pic is a completely different washbasin to the one we had looks like that has been updated, more like a bathroom should like:)

When I complained about the state of our bath they said that it is old not dirty, I said that it wants throwing out and the whole bathroom wants sorting out.

The shower curtain was so dirty and smelly and I mean it was smelly,so the cabin steward changed it for a new one, nice lad could not do enough for us.

Hi Kruzseeka,

Your pic is a completely different washbasin to the one we had looks like that has been updated, more like a bathroom should like:)

When I complained about the state of our bath they said that it is old not dirty, I said that it wants throwing out and the whole bathroom wants sorting out.

The shower curtain was so dirty and smelly and I mean it was smelly,so the cabin steward changed it for a new one, nice lad could not do enough for us.

Yes I thought it looked a newer basin and our ensuite was all in good condition too. That was a basic inside Deck 6 cabin.

I can't believe they've not up-graded all the bathrooms - all the cabin stewards do such a good job and do their very best to keep everything clean but I believe after all the years service those fittings must have seen - replacement is over-due! I trust they are getting round to doing all of them (not that it's much consolation to you! :( )

Archived