Guess what ships Bathroom this is?

We had the odd chip out of enamel here and there on the Dream's bathroom, but I never really gave it a thought. The bathroom was kept clean and tidy for us, and we didn't have any problem using it. The facilities were fit for purpose, and for a cabin that was sufficient. We didn't go on the cruise to spend time worrying about odd chips and bits of filler.

We had the odd chip out of enamel here and there on the Dream's bathroom, but I never really gave it a thought. The bathroom was kept clean and tidy for us, and we didn't have any problem using it. The facilities were fit for purpose, and for a cabin that was sufficient. We didn't go on the cruise to spend time worrying about odd chips and bits of filler.

I am sorry, but if a product is advertised as platinum, on the back of an extensive refurb, I would not expect or be happy with chips, filler and baths that are past their sell by date. I have to be honest and say it is for me very off putting. I have recently booked the Dream, expecting better.

Didn't Smiling Fraser say that the Dream bathrooms weren't going to be refurbed as they were in good nick? Just the odd pink bath being ripped out.

Just to clarify this, here is what he actually said -

The cabins, meanwhile, are also getting a facelift - including the addition of flatscreen TVs and tea and coffee-making facilities in all cabins. That said, the bathrooms are already in pretty good shape so we're just giving them some routine TLC and replacing the last of the pink bathtubs.

I also find chipped basins a bit off putting

very difficult to keep a chipped basin hygienic....however much they clean them

they should replace chipped basins...you wouldnt want to eat of a chipped plate...so why have to wash in a chipped basin

I also find chipped basins a bit off putting

very difficult to keep a chipped basin hygienic....however much they clean them

they should replace chipped basins...you wouldnt want to eat of a chipped plate...so why have to wash in a chipped basin

If people continue to accept these things then nothing will change.

tbh....seriously...I have given up writing to thoms, a bit defeatist I know, but they wear me down......they never do anything?

and its not as if I am always complaining?

I put up with quite a bit….make the best of things….pretty chilled....try to enjoy my holiday

it has to be a pretty big problem for me to contact thoms customer care team?? (I was on the disastrous 2010 dream cuba cruise...where there were some pretty big problems!) in the end I was totally fed up with the same (Oh 98% of our pax didn’t have any problems so why do you?) cut n paste responses

I'd like to vote with my feet

but

I really do like thoms overall product and am pretty loyal actually i've thrown quite a bit of money their way in my 25 cruises with thoms, (hear that thoms? 25 cruises and still cut n paste responses to my feedback!....personally if I was my customer I would falling over myself to make sure I was happy)

I agree….its very wrong that you can pay a (substantial) premium for a plus cabin on deck 10 and find your bathroom hasn’t been refurbished and yet all the standard insides on deck 4/5 have....makes no sense at all??

Well, that is the beauty of this forum and Sailaway's blog, finding things out from each other.

Now that I know, I will try to ascertain information from their customer care team, although how accurate their responses will be is another matter.

Like you, Geo, I do not go looking for faults and haven't complained on any cruise or allowed anything to spoil my holiday.

This is a different matter, however. It is about spending a lot of money for an inferior cabin and making the correct choice before I throw good money away. What I want to know is how many of the outside plus cabins have refurbished bathrooms and which numbers. After my weekend away, I will be on the case.

Thanks to Grab for alerting us to this.

Hi, our cabin was an Outside Plus (6057) and it too had a very chipped basin. It was kept immaculately clean and I didn't peer too closely at the filler around the edges. We actually were 2 days before we got any shower gel or soap despite asking our cabin boy who I suspect maybe had a lower level of English. Fortunately I had some with us and in the end we rang reception who responded immediately.

I suspected before we went that the bathroom would be un-Platinumed - the cabin on the whole was very comfortable and the bathroom did not marr the fantastic holiday in any way.

I must say I could have lived without flat-screen telly although it being on the wall frees up space and we didn't use the kettle that much. I'm so excited every morning when I look out of the window that we're out of the cabin PDQ!

In Kruzseeka's photo, the bathroom looks nice and white - ours was a mucky beige colour.

Twas a great cruise though. x

Well, that is the beauty of this forum and Sailaway's blog, finding things out from each other.

Now that I know, I will try to ascertain information from their customer care team, although how accurate their responses will be is another matter.

Like you, Geo, I do not go looking for faults and haven't complained on any cruise or allowed anything to spoil my holiday.

This is a different matter, however. It is about spending a lot of money for an inferior cabin and making the correct choice before I throw good money away. What I want to know is how many of the outside plus cabins have refurbished bathrooms and which numbers. After my weekend away, I will be on the case.

Thanks to Grab for alerting us to this.

I am suspecting that the deck 10 bathrooms have not been refurbed??

i would like to hope that thoms have done some sort of study on their cabin categories to make sure that cabins in each category are standardised and up to the advertised scratch

yes, thank goodness for this forum....but we shouldn’t have to be digging around for infos....we should have faith that if we pay the same cabin supplement we will be getting the same grade as the next man....not the potluck style lottery that we are getting at present

its wrong that a given standard of cabin should vary so much....its been a bugbear of mine ever since they put us in a (supposed) plus cabin at the stern of deck 5 (next to the engine exhaust uptakes) I don’t think I am being unreasonable to expect a plus location for a plus supplement?

and now this last time in a (supposed) plus cabin with a manky bathroom, you would atthe very least expect a plus bathroom for a plus supplement?

I hope you get the infos you require nell.....but in my experience most likely they dont know themselves

I wrote to thoms last time re the engine uptakes....but as usual 98% of their customers had no problem with that cabin! so what’s my problem! cut n paste response:(

keep us posted nell:cool::cool:

Our bathroom was lovely, no chips or cracks and immaculately clean.

I gave feedback to a friend yesterday who actually booked my cruise. Comments were that ship was lovely, very clean but not what many felt was worthy of platinum status. The reply was - the platinum status is not a standard of accomodation ie 4 or 5 star but is based on several key points like the tea and coffee in the cabins to bring together a 'product' called 'platinum'!

Our bathroom was lovely, no chips or cracks and immaculately clean.

I gave feedback to a friend yesterday who actually booked my cruise. Comments were that ship was lovely, very clean but not what many felt was worthy of platinum status. The reply was - the platinum status is not a standard of accomodation ie 4 or 5 star but is based on several key points like the tea and coffee in the cabins to bring together a 'product' called 'platinum'!

What cabin was yours whistler?

My kettle only worked now and again as it kept tripping out,got sparky out few times and then gave up using it.

:confused:

What cabin was yours whistler?

My kettle only worked now and again as it kept tripping out,got sparky out few times and then gave up using it.

:confused:

7140. Our kettle was brilliant, boiled in no time at all.

I do think Thomson are being a bit sneeky verging on mis-selling by using the platinum title and not making it clear what that means. The way it is portrayed it is an out and out luxury product with accommodation to match. I personally wasn't disappointed in my cruise but then I had a fairly good idea what to expect.

Regardless of platinum or not I don't think its unreasonable to expect clean and presentable accomodation and I really don't think a rusty sink comes close to acceptable. :(

Sorry nobody has replied to you. I can assure you that whether your bathroom has been refurbished or not - it will be immaculately cleaned twice every day. Deck 9 is a fantastic place to be. Have a wonderful holiday!

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

I agree - Dream on account of floor as you say Linda - also the 4th picture has a small triangle of carpet showing from outside the bathroom door and that looks like the new Platinum carpeting!

We've always found the ensuite sanitary wear to be in pretty good condition but this definitely looks like the Dream to me! :rolleyes:

Sorry Congratulations to Linda and kruzseeka

It Is The Dream

:D

Archived