Quantum Luggage Rules advice

Hello all of our past cruises were destinations that required air- Luggage was handled by going directly to ship from plane and brought to suite in standard fashion-- Quantum is not a destination we need to fly to- We sailed on her opening week for a short cruise brought our bags with us right through terminal, This next cruise is 2 weeks -- Will they make us check the bags with porters or does anyone know if we can still just bring them with us through the terminal and up to the suite even if we have to drop them off if its not ready Personally I hate using porters at the piers please advise any previous experience on Quantum relating to this Thank You

Why do you hate to use the Porters at the piers? We have used them every cruise (27) and never had a problem. They take the luggage from us and we get it delivered outside our doors. Not trying to sound snarky or anything, I am just curious. Seems that having it delivered is much easier than hauling it around the ship. Plus, they don't open the hall doors to the rooms until around 1 pm, so you'll have to keep your luggage with you until then.

Bayonne has lets just say less then a sterling reputation for porters - Last cruise we arrived earliest appointment time for Quantum and suite was ready when we got there, we were in it by 1Pm our arrival time this cruise is 12:15 So thats not an issue When I can I prefer to handle all my own items Thanks appreciate the response

Guest maddycat
Bayonne has lets just say less then a sterling reputation for porters - Last cruise we arrived earliest appointment time for Quantum and suite was ready when we got there, we were in it by 1Pm our arrival time this cruise is 12:15 So thats not an issue When I can I prefer to handle all my own items Thanks appreciate the response

We've been cruising out of Bayonne for years and have never had a problem with the porters.