Trip report for the ship I didn’t think I wanted to be on – photos included

That was an incredible review! Thanks for writing it! :)

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for this great review.

You made my day when you let us know about the Adirondack chairs on deck 5. Pretty sure it will be my spot too.

We're are going on the Allure 2/21/16 with our adult children.

Can't wait! :)

Josée

I'm sure you will enjoy it, it's peaceful back there and a lot of people either are not aware or just don't want to venture on to the jogging track to get there :).

Sheila

Great trip report and photos!! Thank you for taking the time to put it all together.

We were lucky enough to do a B2B on Allure in 2011 and then a B2B on Oasis (opposite itineraries) in 2012. Still don't feel we saw and did everything. It may have been our awesome cabin steward, but Allure has been one of our favorite ships and cruises. I'm looking forward to Harmony.

Thank you again!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it, it's peaceful back there and a lot of people either are not aware or just don't want to venture on to the jogging track to get there :).

Sheila

This was our favorite spot during our cruise last March. Might not be so private anymore!!!

I just finished your review, enjoyed it (and the photos!) very much.

Our 40th wedding anniversary is this year so we're contemplating what we want to do to celebrate (next January - March) and cruising on the Oasis or the Allure is one of the trips we're thinking about. The ship looks beautiful, I love the Central Park!! And that area at the back of the ship on deck 5 with the nice wooden chairs looks so inviting!!

You mentioned the man-made beach area at Cozumel, that is Pepe's Pier. My husband and I just took a 5-night Carnival Paradise cruise with our granddaughter (and her Dad and step-Mom) to celebrate her college graduation and we spent a little time at Pepe's. This was their first cruise so they did some exploring in Cozumel and we agreed to meet up with them later in the afternoon (we had stayed on the ship to enjoy a less crowded ship since we'd been to Cozumel before). It was actually a nice little area. The bar had swings. :) As far as I know there was no charge to be there, but we did sit at a table and order drinks.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share your review. Really enjoyed it.

I don't know all the technical workings of it, but it helps prevent a fire from spreading and vent out the smoke. He used the two examples, if a fire were to start on the promenade which is under Central Park, the park can provide an open air environment to use as a vent. Under the Boardwalk is the dining room so the Boardwalk would act as its vent if a fire should start there. I probably don't have all the correct terminology, but hopefully you can get the basic idea.

Great review -- thank you for sharing.

We will be on the Oasis in Dec. - will definitely take the Central Park Tour this time.

Kathy

I just finished your review, enjoyed it (and the photos!) very much.

Our 40th wedding anniversary is this year so we're contemplating what we want to do to celebrate (next January - March) and cruising on the Oasis or the Allure is one of the trips we're thinking about. The ship looks beautiful, I love the Central Park!! And that area at the back of the ship on deck 5 with the nice wooden chairs looks so inviting!!

You mentioned the man-made beach area at Cozumel, that is Pepe's Pier. My husband and I just took a 5-night Carnival Paradise cruise with our granddaughter (and her Dad and step-Mom) to celebrate her college graduation and we spent a little time at Pepe's. This was their first cruise so they did some exploring in Cozumel and we agreed to meet up with them later in the afternoon (we had stayed on the ship to enjoy a less crowded ship since we'd been to Cozumel before). It was actually a nice little area. The bar had swings. :) As far as I know there was no charge to be there, but we did sit at a table and order drinks.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share your review. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. We usually take the Eastern side, but next time we are in Cozumel I think I'm going to check out Pepe's. Thanks for the info.