prescription drugs

bobkris

Question.

Chemists won't give me 3 or four months worth of medication at once.

If I am back on the Opiates I'm unlikely, I would think, to be able to just wander into a Chemist and get them, and I'm not sure any Doctor who hadn't been treating me for a while would just give me a script for say 320mg a day of Oxy.

One of those things I need to get my head around before I book a WC.

Chemist can only do it with authorisation from your doctor. I do it all the time for 3 to 6 months worth. Doctor prints out your script and hand writes some code on it which signifies that you can fill the entire script and all its repeats in one go.

Chemist can only do it with authorisation from your doctor. I do it all the time for 3 to 6 months worth. Doctor prints out your script and hand writes some code on it which signifies that you can fill the entire script and all its repeats in one go.

Thanks I figured there'd be some answer, I must have a chat with Dr.

Thanks I figured there'd be some answer, I must have a chat with Dr.

It can be done. All it needs is for the Doctor to authorise it. The other must do for a long cruise, or any cruise where you are reliant on medication ,is to inform the cruise line of the medication you are on so that they can pass it on to the Medical staff on board who will make sure that they carry the med or a substitute with them in case of an emergency .

By the time I had started researching Aussie/NZ travel, I'd learned the RX requirements (likewise for any country) and ensured I had a doctor's letter and pharmacy printout to document what I prescribed but I never had to show anything and it wasn't requested.

Of course as has been stated by our Aussie members, it was much ado about nothing at immigration in both countries - prescriptions were not an issue at all...certainly not for one individual. Most customs/immigration officers are on the lookout for the types of things we can't even begin to fathom BUT there are guidelines to be stated that can/do sound startling.

By the time I arrived in Sydney, I was simultaneously exhausted/excited (that trans-Pac flight, I'm in AUSTRALIA!!) and only remember the happy dance that soon followed when I got to my lovely B&B, then walked up to the Harbour and saw the Opera House with my own eyes!!

My luggage did get unpacked/searched in Chch and there were dogs on the baggage conveyors - I now know that it's quite essential to search for foods/plants coming from ANYWHERE (I was flying from Aussie) into NZ to protect the country. It wasn't personal, but then I hadn't been concerned ;)

Have a lovely, healthy trip, don't worry :)

Edited by Host Bonjour