Live sports onboard

YNWA96

I am sailing on Oosterdam in Dec and wondering if anyone could tell me if the ship will show English premier league games & 2015 Asian cup games live?

I'm a mad Liverpool supporter and worried about missing 4 weeks of games.

If the games are broadcast on ESPN, or ESPN2, then they will be shown live on the ship. Otherwise, there really isn't much chance of it. For the ship to bring in special games they have to purchase the rights, and that isn't done too often. The Superbowl, and American football division playoffs, are two examples of games that are purchased.

Unfortunately for you, it will be all American football on board, College and the NFL, especially if your ship has the large screen by outdoor pool area. It's a lot of fun to watch these games, outdoors, bars open, etc. Give it a chance, you may learn to enjoy the other football played in the world. Don't lose hope, though. Check with the sports bar, which will have a TV, and see if they will be showing any of your games. If they have access to the satellite station, and if they are not showing American football, they will be happy to tune it in for you. I do remember seeing European football on the stateroom TV quite often. Good luck.

If the games are broadcast on ESPN, or ESPN2, then they will be shown live on the ship. Otherwise, there really isn't much chance of it. For the ship to bring in special games they have to purchase the rights, and that isn't done too often. The Superbowl, and American football division playoffs, are two examples of games that are purchased.

Ok thanks for that info.

Unfortunately for you, it will be all American football on board, College and the NFL, especially if your ship has the large screen by outdoor pool area. It's a lot of fun to watch these games, outdoors, bars open, etc. Give it a chance, you may learn to enjoy the other football played in the world. Don't lose hope, though. Check with the sports bar, which will have a TV, and see if they will be showing any of your games. If they have access to the satellite station, and if they are not showing American football, they will be happy to tune it in for you. I do remember seeing European football on the stateroom TV quite often. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply, sounds like the sports bar might be the go.

Since the Oosterdam is in Australia in December, would the broadcasts be different? Espn Australia shows a mix of US sports and European broadcasts. Not sure about premiere league, though on our Noordam cruise the first week of January a few years ago the matches were on in the sports bar in addition to the US games. So do check that out.

I will be on the Eurodam in a few weeks. There is a league cup match and a league game while I am aboard.

There was quite a bit of football while I was on celebrity earlier in the year but cannot remember which Leagues it was.

I will report back after my cruise.

We were on the Oosterdam last Christmas/New Year and I very much wanted to follow the Aussie cricket.

Unfortunately I never found a venue where it was playing - this is not to say that they didn't have it playing somewhere, I just completely forgot to look for it!

Since the Oosterdam is in Australia in December, would the broadcasts be different?

Very possibly. I've been on some itineraries where we pulled in different stations.

Don't forget, though, that OP wanted to watch the games live. The time differences also need to be taken into consideration, then. I've watched live sports aboard at some of the strangest hours!