Suggestion for Roatan Activity

Westcoastsbz

First...what ship are you on? This matters because the choices available at the 2 different docks/ports vary.

Next...what do you like/want to do? Are you beach people, want to snorkeling from shore? Filled with excursions from other ports and want to have a less expensive or less active time? Like to see the country side? Like animals? Like to zip line?

Answering these questions will give others here some idea of what to recommend rather than throwing out upteen different things.

Thanks,

the above post makes a good point concerning which dock your ship will port in, as well as what type activities you like. I'll tell you what we did --

My family of 4 adults just returned from a cruise stopping at Roatan, Mahogany Bay dock, and we chose to take the less expensive option of booking the aerial chairlift to the private island of mahogany Bay beach. On our ship tickets were only $9.95 pp ($14 on shore) and it was a fun day. There is a height requirement for the chairlift, so if you have small kiddos they may not be tall enough. The timing is at your leisure to/from the beach and you can ride the chairlift as often as you wish to return to the ship and go back to the beach later. It is also possible to walk through the shopping area and across a bridge to the same beach area.

Look for other posts for more info on this board, [/url] Enjoy your cruise!

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I are planning the chair lift to mahogany beach, along with a kayaking excursion, similar to GloriaF described. Where would be a good option for lunch? One review I saw said the food available at the beach was "so so." We don't mind leaving the beach for lunch and returning later, if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One thing I discovered was Victor Booden tours (can google it). Haven't done but have booked. Highly rated on Trip Advisor. Guide AND transportation, plus on their site they list many activities which can help you decide. And you can get recommendations from the guide once you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were you on a Carnival ship? I have seen you can buy packages with the tickets for shore excursions which include chairs etc. But my kids will never use the chairs. Can you buy just the lift ticket on board?

the above post makes a good point concerning which dock your ship will port in, as well as what type activities you like. I'll tell you what we did --

My family of 4 adults just returned from a cruise stopping at Roatan, Mahogany Bay dock, and we chose to take the less expensive option of booking the aerial chairlift to the private island of mahogany Bay beach. On our ship tickets were only $9.95 pp ($14 on shore) and it was a fun day. There is a height requirement for the chairlift, so if you have small kiddos they may not be tall enough. The timing is at your leisure to/from the beach and you can ride the chairlift as often as you wish to return to the ship and go back to the beach later. It is also possible to walk through the shopping area and across a bridge to the same beach area.

Look for other posts for more info on this board, First timer to Mahogany Bay, stay at port or Little French Key? Enjoy your cruise!