Opinions on my second day at Bermuda plan

smartinm

This is my plan for my second day at Bermuda in October with the Breakaway. The second day we are in Bermuda the entire day. I was some opinions on what I have planned, to see if it`s too much and should cut it down a bit, and if the transportation makes sense. This will be me and my husband to be, both mid 20s and no mobility issues.

Catch the Orange ferry at 9:30 heading to St. George, arrive at 10:30

Spend around 1.5 hours exploring St. George

Take bus 10 or 11 to Swizzle Inn, have lunch (around 30 mins?)

Walk to Crystal caves, do both caves (this takes around 2 hours, should now be around 3:30?)

Walk to Blue Hole Park and spend around 2 hours there

catch bus 1, 3, 10, 11 back to Hamilton and explore for around 1.5 hours

Catch blue ferry back to dockyard at 8:30 (does this last ferry often get full? is it hard to make it?)

So I'm feeling I might be packing too much and might have to drop Blue Hole Park and head to Hamilton earlier, but we wanted to explore it a bit. IS the plan as it is doable at all? Or am I scheduling too little time at each stop?)

Thanks in advance for the help!

That is certainly a busy day. It is doable though. The only thing that may slow you down is being at the bus stops just when the bus pulls up. Otherwise, you will spend time waiting for the bus to arrive. Swizzle Inn might be busy right at noon time and you would have to wait there too. You could always start out with this plan and alter it if you start running behind. You just want to make sure you make the last ferry back to the Dockyard or you will be going by either bus, if there are any after that time, or taxi. You are both young, I say give it a try. Enjoy your stay in Bermuda. It is a wonderful island.

Thank you so much for the reply!!

I think we will probably do what you suggest, have the plan as it is but if I find we are too tired or that time is catching up to us, we can adjust it. And like you said, it will probably depend on the buses/ferries. My only worry is that 1.5 hrs is not enough to explore Hamilton/St. George (and if we don't do Blue Hole we can add a bit of time to each town). There is just so much to do in Bermuda! I guess we will have to go back ;)

You could probably enjoy just doing one of the caverns, not both. Our service at Swizzle Inn was pretty slow, so that takes more than 1/2 hour. Since Hamilton is more the business center, stores an business close around 5:30 unless it is a Harbor Night celebration on Wed. I imagine you can't tour the cathedral or Ft Hamilton that late in the day. But stop at one of the fine restaurants for dinner.

Yes, you will want to come back to Bermuda often.

Edited by Bell Ringer
extra thoughts....

DH and I have been to Bermuda for the last 7 years and still can find things to see and do each time. We are skipping Bermuda this year for a cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Enjoy your time there. It is my favorite place to cruise to.

This is my plan for my second day at Bermuda in October with the Breakaway. The second day we are in Bermuda the entire day. I was some opinions on what I have planned, to see if it`s too much and should cut it down a bit, and if the transportation makes sense. This will be me and my husband to be, both mid 20s and no mobility issues.

Walk to Crystal caves, do both caves (this takes around 2 hours, should now be around 3:30?)

Catch blue ferry back to dockyard at 8:30 (does this last ferry often get full? is it hard to make it?)

So I'm feeling I might be packing too much and might have to drop Blue Hole Park and head to Hamilton earlier, but we wanted to explore it a bit. IS the plan as it is doable at all? Or am I scheduling too little time at each stop?)

If you get to Hamilton before 5pm .

Go to the top of the big church tower @ the top of Hamilton.

Walk a couple blocks uphill from the main bus terminal.

Go in the Big church.

Look around for the little door in the back.

Climb the 155 step spiral staircase to the top of the city.

Donations welcome in the box as you leave.:D

• 5 weeks later...

If you are coming from St George on the bus, Blue Hole Park is before the Swizzle Inn and the Caves. You would have to back track to get there. And as others have said, I would allow more than 30 minutes at the Swizzle Inn. Usually takes us about an hour to an hour and a half, but then, we're usually not on a schedule :)