Scuba & Snorkel?

ZipLipZ

Hi fellow cruisers!

We will be in Grand Turk at the begining of January 2016. We have a group of 6 and half of us would like to Scuba (certified) and half would like to snorkel. Does anyone know of a company that caters to both? We would like to stick together for the most part if possible. Rum punch afterwards is always a plus as well! lol.

Thanks in advance!

- Zip

There's another company Grand Turk Diving. I'm not familiar with them but seems like they get good reviews on TA. I noticed one saying they did snorkel. And I think the web site, at least for dives mentions 6 people limit.

www.gtdiving.com

Worth a shot.

You might find one of the boats along the beach toward Jack's who can help, but if they don't have PADI guides, not sure' I'd go dive with them, snorkel maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

I wrote 3 different dive shops about the same question, zero response. We arrive at 2 pm and depart at 9, most dives are morning and the afternoon dives are 1 pm. I asked if they accommodate the 2 pm arrival, still waiting.

I wrote 3 different dive shops about the same question, zero response. We arrive at 2 pm and depart at 9, most dives are morning and the afternoon dives are 1 pm. I asked if they accommodate the 2 pm arrival, still waiting.

Part of the issue might be the daylight hours. In January, the sun starts heading down at 4 ish, so you may not have enough time to get off the ship, get to the dive boat and actually dive while it's still bright enough out. Just a thought. It's one of the reasons that we've stopped cruising in January because the daylight time is so short and if you get into a port late, you'd need to plan evening activities instead of day time activities.