Golf Cart Rental in Grand Turks

trishb13

My DH and I have rented a golf cart in Grand Turks. We have never been there before and was hoping to get some good information of your prior experiences there if you had a golf cart. Where to go? Can you stop and park the cart? Any info would be helpful. We reserved with Karibs and according to the info we have they are set up right outside the cruise terminal.

We will be in GT on Nov.6th and thought this would be a great way to see the island!

Get a road/island map on line before leaving.

Main thing to see in GT on a cart is the lighthouse up at the northern tip of the island.

A possible second stop is the Salt Works.

Then head to downtown Cockburntown (watch one streets) and visit some shops and have a nice lunch at the SandBar overlooking the beach.

Lunch will take you longer than any stop thus far.

On the way back if you want to see an uncrowded beach stop off at Governors Beach before reach the cruise port, otherwise, drop off the cart and enjoy the beaches along the cruise port.

That's it!

Yes there are parking spots around, most are for either auto or cart.

WE have rented from Nathans in the past but are considering Wet Money Rentals this time in hopes that the cart will be a little less rinkidink! We did have a great time on our last trip however. The island people are super friendly and when we got turned around we stopped at a house and had a wonderful conversation with the gentleman who lived there. There are donkeys, cows, etc just meandering around so you have to go around them. Something kind of fun to check out... (a hidden gem!) Go to the light house and on you way back down the hill on your left side about a half block is a overgrown little road. Park your cart (make sure to take your keys and stuff to be on the safe side) at the top and stroll down towards the water. There is a half finished resort that was destroyed by a hurricane and a conchshell graveyard...we spent a lot of time there playing in the water and just exploring :)

• 4 months later...

We rented from Karibe twice in Jan. The golf carts are a distance from the port as they are not allowed into the port area. You have to go outside the port to get it. We rented the cart before we left. It was really not cheap and I had asked for all charges. The cart the first week we were there (we were on a B2B and stopped at Grand Turk each week) was really not very good. As well when my husband dropped the cart off they charged her gas money. I figured with charging us almost $100.00 they would be able to pay for the small amount of gas we used. Since we had been to Grand Turk before we knew where everything was. We ended up only using the cart for a couple of hours and a lot of that time we were not motoring along.

The second week I told them when we got to the rental area that I was not told about the gas money and should have been. I think it was a rip off. The second week the cart was a little better but not much.

I am going again in Oct. and this time I won't be using them.

tigercat

• 2 weeks later...

Two ships will be in port. We hate to make reservations ahead of time because you can't predict the weather. If it is windy or rainy, we'd like to get a cart. Will we need to reserve in advance. If so, through who?

We rented an ATV from Karib. It is only a short walk out of the cruise ship area. Out the parking lot to the left. Having heard that on some days the carts and ATV's get sold out we made our arrangements in advance.

Also, we were told by the attendant right at the start to fill up with gas BEFORE returning the vehicle. There is a gas station at an auto repair shop right down the road from the rental location. The rental attendant pointed it out to us and told us it would be much cheaper to fill up on our own. It was.

The first week we were told when we brought the cart back. But again when I had contacted him I did ask what exactly we were going to have to pay for. We were not going to take a lot of cash with it except to make sure that we had the cash to pay for the cart. When I ask for the total price I don't expect other charges to be added onto it. If we had been told about the gas we would have know that was another charge and accounted for it.

In Oct. I am not renting a cart again because I have been around the whole Island several times now and don't feel the need to do it again. I will probably stay on the ship this trip and enjoy a quiet day on the ship. The walk from the ship to the port is just getting to be too much for me anyway.

tigercat

• 2 months later...

Karib is a ripoff, sent us out in a piece of junk golf cart that was nearly impossible to steer. The man, upon return apologized for the condition of the cart, I told him it was a bad experience. The woman who put us in it was rude and knew full well it was nearly out of gas when we started out, luckily I looked after our first stop and was near a gas station.

Grand Turk has beautiful beaches and port shopping but the rest of it is slum like conditions, research carefully before you decide on any excursions not offered thru your ship on this island.