Cabana rental....Beach...with 2 year old...

HoopTroop

Hello-we are coming in on NCL, so not sure which port/stop we arrive at. I am looking for a beach where we can rent a cabana for the day or a suggestion for a great beach lots of shaded areas etc. We have a 2 year old....thoughts please?

NCL docks at Coxen Hole. The beaches you seek are primarily along West Bay or up in West End. There are a number of threads regarding these. I believe most have small palapas, thatched umbrella like structures, There are also palm trees for shade. Google, Infinity Bay, Half Moon Bay, Banarama, Paradise Beach, or Maya Princess for information and pictures. Not all of these will accommodate day cruisers or may have limitations. Another bet may be to use an NCL excursion that goes to Maya Key. It's a small island just off the harbor and it has a small beach but also a pool, restaurant, petting zoo, lots of shade, some snorkeling (wear water shoes as bottom is rough).

• 6 months later...
NCL docks at Coxen Hole. The beaches you seek are primarily along West Bay or up in West End. There are a number of threads regarding these. I believe most have small palapas, thatched umbrella like structures, There are also palm trees for shade. Google, Infinity Bay, Half Moon Bay, Banarama, Paradise Beach, or Maya Princess for information and pictures. Not all of these will accommodate day cruisers or may have limitations. Another bet may be to use an NCL excursion that goes to Maya Key. It's a small island just off the harbor and it has a small beach but also a pool, restaurant, petting zoo, lots of shade, some snorkeling (wear water shoes as bottom is rough).

is there anything right at coxen hold to do??? Is it a town/shopping area or is there any beach area at all to just sit right there? trying to avoid taxis

is there anything right at coxen hold to do??? Is it a town/shopping area or is there any beach area at all to just sit right there? trying to avoid taxis

You would probably be better posting this as a new thread.

However Coxen Hole has the usual small port shopping area and then outside security there is a small, not particularly attractive town. It has been a long time since I have walked the main street as I have always had a private excursion arranged, but there used to be a lot of vendors and young children, not sure if that has changed.

There is no immediate beach, a few bars on the water, but if you want to avoid taxis or private drivers your best bet is to take the cruiseline excursion (only way to get there) to Maya Key. You can google for further information but it is a small island just 5 minutes away. The tender boat picks you up from the port area. This island has small beach, snorkeling,pool and various rescue animals.