Take the Tour or Not, this is the question

not-too-old

:confused:

We booked Princess British Isle cruise in May 2015, does anyone cruised British Isle and took their tours? Basically I’m looking for must take tour and Do not waste money. We have taken couple of Cruises before and found out that not all tours are as advertised and found most of tours are high priced. Port of call are Guernsey (St. Peter Port), England Cork, Ireland (Cobh - For Blarney Castle) Best of Cork & Countryside, Dublin, Ireland, Liverpool, England, Belfast, Northern Ireland, Glasgow (greenock), Scotland, Invergordon, Scotland, Edinburgh (south Queensferry), Scotland, and Le Havre, France Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is quite a hard question to answer, because one persons "must do" - is somebody elses "blah"

example - I dont like Florence in Italy. Nobody can understand why I dont like it, so I could not recommend somebody to go there - yet lots of people love it

My experience of cruise excursions are that they are expensive, esp if you are paying for more than one person!

There are 3 things which might help though:-

1) If you are a solo traveller or mobility is an issue, then you know you will be safe on a cruise excursion (ie you cant get lost or miss the train!)

2) If it says Port X (for attraction Y), you can safely guess that attraction Y is a quite some distance away

3) Research. Find out what you want to see, and how easy it is to get to it before committing yourself to anything.

If I was going to Ireland I would for sure want to go and kiss the blarney stone!

Edited by Suzieanna

• 11 months later...

After reading through these posts, I just realised that this thread is from last year.

Not-to-old hasn't used this message board since March 2015, so I doubt if he/she will be reporting back.

When we cruise, we always do a mixture of ship excursions and do-it-ourselves.

If you want any advice on particular ports, the British Isles Ports of Call forum cam be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=233