Suggestions LHR -London - Southhampton - LGW

mattR

Do you have to pre book these transfers? From there website it looks like you can pay extra to make your ticket more versatile so makes me think you have to?

Probably the one National Express service its not essential to book. They run so frequently (at least every 30 mins through the day and usually more frequent than that) that you can 'walk up'. Pre booking will save you a little bit, but don't worry too much if you want to keep your options open.

Simon

Probably the one National Express service its not essential to book. They run so frequently (at least every 30 mins through the day and usually more frequent than that) that you can 'walk up'. Pre booking will save you a little bit, but don't worry too much if you want to keep your options open.

Simon

Anyone know the price of a walk up ticket vrs prebooking?

• 3 months later...
Mattr how was your hotel?

I am thinking of booking this hotel for next summer.

How did you end up getting to and from airport and to sourhhampton?

Any good restaurants around hotel?

Thanks cheryl

The Park Plaza was very nice, very modern and our room was ready at 9am which was great and the location is awesome. I would stay here again but I would also be open to staying some place cheaper near a tube station as the tube was so easy to use. We took the tube from Heathrow to the hotel and had to make one easy change at Hammersmith station (I think). We took a train from Waterloo Station to Southampton we booked with megatrain and got a fare of only 5 pounds each. Don't have any real good recommendations for places to eat though.