Cavetubing and zipline tipping?

5kids2dogs

We are booked for cavetubing and ziplining with Cavetubing.bz. I have questions on tipping. How much? Do you have the same guide for cave and zipline? Is there a driver that's additional? Did you tip one to share or all individually?

We did this in January. We had a driver (Jorge) who picked us up at the port and drove us to ziplining. Israel and Levi then took over and were our guides for ziplining. Israel and Jorge took us to cave tubing and were our guides for that. Jorge then drove us back to the port.

I will leave the amount up to you, but we tipped Jorge for the whole day, Levi for ziplining, and Israel for ziplining and cave tubing.

We did this in January. We had a driver (Jorge) who picked us up at the port and drove us to ziplining. Israel and Levi then took over and were our guides for ziplining. Israel and Jorge took us to cave tubing and were our guides for that. Jorge then drove us back to the port.

I will leave the amount up to you, but we tipped Jorge for the whole day, Levi for ziplining, and Israel for ziplining and cave tubing.

Do they meet you right when you get off the boat, or do we need to take a taxi (water or land? ) somewhere first? We have a reservation with them and I'm confused on the tender or water taxi or whatever is needed (if anything) from the time we step off the ship, to the moment we meet "the guys with yellow-gold cavetubing.bz polo shirts and cavetubing.bz sign."

Do they meet you right when you get off the boat, or do we need to take a taxi (water or land? ) somewhere first? We have a reservation with them and I'm confused on the tender or water taxi or whatever is needed (if anything) from the time we step off the ship, to the moment we meet "the guys with yellow-gold cavetubing.bz polo shirts and cavetubing.bz sign."

Your ship will be anchored off shore. You will need to take a small boat (tender) to shore. After getting to the dock follow the cavetubing.bz directions for finding the guys in the yellow shirts. It should be a short walk.

Your ship will be anchored off shore. You will need to take a small boat (tender) to shore. After getting to the dock follow the cavetubing.bz directions for finding the guys in the yellow shirts. It should be a short walk.

Is this a service the ship/cruise provides, or do we need to pre-plan/reserve this ride? Is there a fee?

Ty for your help. I just learned the term "tender" and am trying to figure out the details.

Is this a service the ship/cruise provides, or do we need to pre-plan/reserve this ride? Is there a fee?

Ty for your help. I just learned the term "tender" and am trying to figure out the details.

Your ship will provide the tender for free. Depending on which ship you're on you may need to get tender tickets the night before or morning of. Your ship should tell you where to pick up tickets. You board tenders based on your ticket number. Sometimes there are no tickets and it's just first come, first served. Ship excursions generally get off first then private excursions after that. Cavetubing.bz would be a private excursion company.

• 1 month later...

Curious about tipping as well. Doing the tour with .bz in a few weeks but just doing the cave tubing part. Anyone who can tell how many people in total I should expect to have to tip? Any suggestions on amount (I know it's a personal preference but just curious). Trying not to bring too much or too little cash off the ship.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked through them too but just for cave tubing and was wondering the same thing. My initial thought was 10% but I don't really know either. Its just my bf & me so if there is a group of 8 total, 10% would be fine but if it was just the two of us or maybe a couple others I'd feel bad only tipping 10%.