QM2 high midships cabin

Longlast

We've booked cabin 11089 on Cunard's Queen Mary 2, travelling east to west. However, I've now noticed that it's directly below the pool area on the deck above, which extends further outward than other decks. I'd welcome your information on how much extra shade a cabin in this area of deck 11 is likely to receive and also whether there are likely to be particularly noisy times each day/night from pool use, deck games, deckchair movement, partying, etc.

We've booked cabin 11089 on Cunard's Queen Mary 2, travelling east to west. However, I've now noticed that it's directly below the pool area on the deck above, which extends further outward than other decks. I'd welcome your information on how much extra shade a cabin in this area of deck 11 is likely to receive and also whether there are likely to be particularly noisy times each day/night from pool use, deck games, deckchair movement, partying, etc.

You are on the starboard side of the ship so will be in constant shade as the sun will shine on the other side, the pool is an indoor pool and isn't subject to those noise issues. Most of the occupants will be asleep, relax and enjoy yourselves.

I stayed in 11089 going east in May 2014. There was absolutely no noise but I was out for most of the day plus there were not a lot of activities on deck due to weather. In June 2014 I was in 11095 going west. The weather was better. Still no noise. The overhang does perhaps block the sun but does a nice job keeping away the rain. I had no complaints.

It should be pretty quiet, overall. It can get pretty windy up there in those high cabins,however.

Hi Longlast,

On one trip I had a Deck 11 balcony cabin (port side) directly under the Pavilion Pool area (Deck 12). As others have mentioned above, I also heard no noise from this pool area at all, indeed I found it very useful, being so close.

There are photos, showing the "overhang", taken from the balcony of my Deck 11 cabin in this set:

I hope they help, have a great time on board the amazing QM2 :)

Edited by pepperrn