Private beach ideas?? Please help

bbryan5

Going to Bermuda this coming May. This will be our 3rd time in Bermuda. While we enjoyed Horseshoe Bay, it tends to get extremely crowded. Anyone know of any smaller, quieter beaches? Less crowds? Even willing to pay for a day pass for a private resort. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last year, there were 2 private resorts offering day passes - Elbow Beach Resort and Coco Reef Resort. IIRC, they offer limited number of passes or there is a restriction to the season the pass is offered.

As for public beaches, if you can live without the amenities (changing rooms, showers, toilets, rentals & a snack bar), there are 4 such beaches in walking distance from Horseshoe Bay and others located around the island.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

If you take the bus on down to Warwick and walk toward Horseshoe, you will find next to no one at most of these places. Very quiet and so beautiful. You have choices of either being open with the waves crashing in, like a "normal" beach or you can pick a cove area surrounded by rocks. Very peaceful. Look in my signature line (expand the signature) and look under Bermuda, then over to Warwick-Horseshoe. You'll find TONS of pictures of our day there walking to each of the beaches. It's easiest to start at Warwick and work your way back to Horseshoe because then you'll be able to catch a ride back to the port easily.

Another thought, (depending on how mobile everyone is in your party) is to head to St George and take the bus (or the Hop On Hop Off bus-HOHO, if it's still running) and head to St David area and Clearwater/Long Bay Beach, which is at Cooper Reserve. You can only go so far before you have to get out and walk to get to Long Bay. It's a fairly short walk, but so worth it! The beach was absolutely stunning! The water was so beautiful and no one was there. Most of the beaches along there had no one there. There's no facilities there, but a short walk back to Clearwater and they have food and restrooms. Check out my review labeled: "Long Bay-Clearwater.

Another place (at least when we went) was to head to St Catherine. Absolutely gorgeous as well. There use to be a hotel there (from what I had read) and it was destroyed by a hurricane years ago. They were building a small food stand when we were there last, but I believe I read reports that it didn't open or something. Others may be able to confirm. Or, who knows, maybe they have more there now. But it was deserted and gorgeous! If you need food or drinks, right next to that is a small, pretty neat, little cove area called Achilles Bay with anything you would need. (Also reviews of both of these places in my signature with pictures).

Hope that might spark your interest. :)