Barcelona Cable Car

That will depend on which cruise terminal you dock at, the new one which is a long way out or the trade centre which is just a short walk from Las Ramblas.

Thomson stop at both and you only know a day before

Thanks Pensioncruiser. Yes, we have docked at both terminals on previous cruises and wouldn't dream of walking from the far one. I really should have been clearer and said how far from the Trade Centre dock.

Think its a long walk check on the web we did taxi bit of a scary lift upto the car but well worth the trip only problem is standing only and they say it will hold 20 but 10 was very tight cost was about 12 euro:)

Thanks again Pensioncruiser - I am so glad that you have posted it is a long walk! The reason I asked is that I am trying to convince my husband that it is not a viable walk - especially in hot weather following his recent hospitalisation. We said that we would do the cable car ride the next time we were in Barcelona, and I know he feels he would be letting me down if he didn't do it next week, but I just don't think it is a sensible option for him.