Thomsons Online Price Increase

Can anyone shed some light?....

After much deliberation and number crunching I finally decided to book my next cruise on the Dream. Only to find out that the online price has increased by £90 for no apparent reason....... does anyone know of any price change patterns that could explain this phenomenon? Or reckon that the price might go back down? I want to book it early so I get my free AI coz it saved me a bucket load of money.

Feeling a tad annoyed and frustrated!!! :mad:

After much deliberation and number crunching I finally decided to book my next cruise on the Dream. Only to find out that the online price has increased by £90 for no apparent reason....... does anyone know of any price change patterns that could explain this phenomenon? Or reckon that the price might go back down? I want to book it early so I get my free AI coz it saved me a bucket load of money.

did u get the drinks package for free then

It's probably gone up because the AI stops at the end of August (I think).

If that is the case the price probably won't come back down until after it is removed.

i believe the drinks package finished a while ago but they could have introduced it again . i booked adriatic explorer on june 10th and the drinks package stopped the following monday cause i thought to myself that was quick .

i believe the drinks package finished a while ago but they could have introduced it again . i booked adriatic explorer on june 10th and the drinks package stopped the following monday cause i thought to myself that was quick .

The Majesty drink package finished then but the Dream & Celebration continued....

That happened to me for Dream in Caribbean. Price went up about £90 each over 2 days (Sunday to Tuesday) and up again slightly on the Wednesday but by the Saturday when I had a cheeky look to see how much it had gone up I found it was back to the previous Saturday price, ie £90 each less. Sent emails and received replies but just the usual stock answer. The question I asked is why such a steep fluctuating price but got no answer to that. It happened the same time as Majesty's free AI came off on the Monday.

I presume, if each price quoted, is less than the brochure price, then they are quite within their rights to change the discount given as and when it suits them, i think i have even heard that their computers can see people looking at certain cruises (so if you go on a few times pricing up the same cruise), see a pattern, and adjust the price up thinking it is popular.

Shhhhhhhh,was inTA yesterday and was told big cruise event coming up soon with lots of offers....think end sept,not really taking much notice as was excited picking up ticket for next weeks crruise

Shhhhhhhh,was inTA yesterday and was told big cruise event coming up soon with lots of offers....think end sept,not really taking much notice as was excited picking up ticket for next weeks crruise

As in Thomson - or other cruise lines as well? (Just whisper - I'll not tell anyone!:D)

Sorry not sure....she just said big event...as we were there for Thomson tickets and was told new brochure out I took it to be Thomson.

Ok, thanks - will look out for it. Have a great cruise - it's always exciting when you get your tickets! Enjoy! :)

Went online today and the price has decreased again - its still £33 more than the original price tho. However the free drinks package is still included. Think Im just gonna book it in case they put it back up again or I lose the drinks package. What are they all about......

I think its National Cruise Week at the end of September, so guessing it will be to do with that.

It's because there's interest...was told by TA the more people look at a certain cruise they put the price up...supply and demand.....

Happened to us once on a package hol went up over £200 overnight

Then I become scared to look as they might keep on putting the price up the more I look at it!

A company putting prices up ahead of a Cruise week. Never!! Bet there are deals to be had then that maybe bring the prices down to the level you first saw them at!!

Any " Big Cruise Events " I have attended in the past have never had any genuine deals. So I make a point now of giving them a miss.

The only " Deals " you will get are the ones you find yourself.

It's because there's interest...was told by TA the more people look at a certain cruise they put the price up...supply and demand.....

Happened to us once on a package hol went up over £200 overnight

So, if someone wanted to be funny, they could choose a cruise and keep checking the price and artificially inflate its price. :eek::rolleyes:

So, if someone wanted to be funny, they could choose a cruise and keep checking the price and artificially inflate its price. :eek::rolleyes:

Only for so long .........eventually Thomson will realise they haven't sold any more cabins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

Sometimes you are better waiting it will still be cheaper with even buying the drinks

I was bad today and looked it up again...... It had went up another £56 on top of the £90 they had already increased it by! I've decided that i wont look at it for a week and if it doesn't change then I might have to consider maybe only doing 1 week. Totally gutting but I can't really justify the price they want right now. I'd love to be able to get a deal on it next year but I know the solo cabins tend to sell quickly........ feeling a tad deflated now :(

Archived