Coral world St Thomas return trip question snuba

DrNora

Coral world has a nice little SNUBA program ( and the price is the same thru NCL and thru Coral World!- who would thunk!) that my kids want to try. Maybe.

In the description it does not say if , on the return, the bus will drop you off for shopping with return on your own.

It is a 3 1/2 hr excursion, same as the helmet one, leaving at the same time. The helmet one offers a drop off in town on the way back.

Has anyone taken this? Does anyone know the answer? Cuz NCL does not.

Tried the concierge line, excursions as well. No info.

Thanks

Nora

We 'did' SNUBA in Costa Maya in January and it was the worst excursion...ever. I don't think I'd recommend it for youngsters. There were three of us, 55+, 30+, and 20+, with varying levels of swimming abilities. NONE of us made it from the shore to the platform. I HIGHLY recommend the helmet dive as the participants are ferried to the platform via a small motorized rubber boat, then assisted into the helmet. One of the best excursions ever and we wished it was available on this last cruise. SNUBA was a second choice but it was an epic fail.

We 'did' SNUBA in Costa Maya in January and it was the worst excursion...ever. I don't think I'd recommend it for youngsters. There were three of us, 55+, 30+, and 20+, with varying levels of swimming abilities. NONE of us made it from the shore to the platform. I HIGHLY recommend the helmet dive as the participants are ferried to the platform via a small motorized rubber boat, then assisted into the helmet. One of the best excursions ever and we wished it was available on this last cruise. SNUBA was a second choice but it was an epic fail.

This is in st Thomas. All 3 are teens and strong swimmers and WSI

Certified-( lifeguard ) both excursions are done right off a platform that you walk to.

The helmet dive also looks cool.I read a great review of it in a cruise review here a couple weeks ago.

Thanks- for your input!

Nora

Edited by DrNora

I think you should ask this in the port forums and you will get a better response...

I only posted here as I have been reading a bunch of reviews of Getaway and Breakaway that have small , interwoven excursion reviews. My kids got the idea from a review that had the helmet dive in it!

Thanks

Nora

Edited by DrNora

• 10 months later...

"Coral world has a nice little SNUBA program ( and the price is the same thru NCL and thru Coral World!- who would thunk!)"

Usually cruise excursions charge more.

I however noticed that to book the Snuba Diving excursion at Coral World with NCL, it will cost $ 78. But to book it with Coral World directly, it costs $ 79.

I guess the NCL rate of $78 includes transportation to Coral World too.

Some may worry that as it takes 4 people to form a group. But we do have 4 people. Should I go for the NCL excursion instead of going by myself?

Thanks.

My husband and I (we are in our late twenties) did this excursion on carnival back in September and it was the most fun we've ever had on an excursion. The staff is super friendly and informative, taking time to really explain what to do and answering questions. We had no prior diving experience.

When we got there, they broke the tour into 2 groups. One group explores the park while one dives and then you switch. They take 4 divers down with 1 instructor, 2 groups of these swimming in opposite directions. Actual diving time was about 30-40 minutes. The park is nice too, they have animal feedings and interactive things at different times. They have a snack bar, gift shop, and bathrooms as well.

If it's the same price or little difference I would say book with the ship for the transportation. It is about a 20 minute ride each way. Personally, I wouldn't want the hassle of finding my own transportation or the additional cost.

I highly recommend this excursion when people ask me about St. Thomas.