Forward, Aft, or Midship??

Cat7475

Many cruise liners are basically laid out the same way. On DCL, the adult stuff (spa, fitness center, adult pool, Cove Cafe) are forward. So is the WD theatre (shows at night). Midship has restaurants, family pool, guest services, and the kid programming areas. Aft has the rest of the restaurants, buffet area, and Buena Vista (smaller) theater, used mainly for movies.

Movement of the ship will be least midship and most forward, but there really isn't much of a difference. We've been all over the ships and find something good and something "less good" about each location.

Midship is most convenient overall, which is why it costs a little more. You can't go wrong anywhere on the ship really.

Edited by moki'smommy

My thoughts....

• front gets more wave action, aft may get more engine vibration. Mid ship gets the least motion.
  • what about decks? Love the Deck 2 oceanviews. Not a fan of the Deck 1 twins.
  • some want to be close to elevators for convenience.... others want to away to minimize noise.

If you're looking at the Dream or Fantasy, the Deck 5 4E family staterroms are wonderful. They are midship, near the Enchanted Garden and have oversized verandas. Mokismommy laid it out nicely, location of where your family intends to spend the most time is a good thing to factor in. What you are willing to spend is another (Inside vs oceanview vs veranda).

Our children are grown, so my tastes don't align with yours, but I found over time that our priorites have changed. Used to love to be midship, but we've since discovered the aft staterooms with the huge verandas. So, even though we spend most of our time at the foreward adult areas, I don't mind the walk.

If you're looking at the Dream or Fantasy, the Deck 5 4E family staterroms are wonderful. They are midship .....

Just to nit pick. :p

Cat 4e cabins are not midship IMO. They are fore and aft. Some more fore and aft than others. Please check deckplans.

Also, they are not the larger "family" cabins regardless of what any deckplan site indicates. They are the same size as a regular balcony. Not the larger "family" size found in the cat 4a-d units.

HTH

Edited by bear3412

We stayed in a 4E cabin on the Dream and found it to be awesome! The kids club was literally around the corner from the room. The extended balcony was also nice. There were four of us in the cabin and it suited us well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums