Private snorkel with turtle (not with Fury)?

Elationismyship

We did an excursion with Fury about 3 years ago when in St. Thomas. Had a bad experience with Capt. Mike. I know they have tons of great reviews and maybe we just had him on an off day but no way would we tour with him again.

We find ourselves on a ship which stops in St. Thomas in May and would love to snorkel with the turtles but with a tour outside the ship. I've really only seen Fury mentioned on here (again, not willing to give them another try). Any other recommendations?

The advantage of Fury is they are at the dock whereas most other excursions leave from docks that require a taxi, which adds to the cost.

I like the excursion that leaves from Bolongo Beach Resort because it gets there before the other excursions because it is closer to the turtle area. It's not available every day so doesn't work for most cruisers. You can Google Heavenly Days catamaran for their schedule.

There is another smaller boat that can pick up near cruise dock, but I can't remember name right now. Will Google to see if I can find it and post again.

We did an excursion with Fury about 3 years ago when in St. Thomas. Had a bad experience with Capt. Mike. I know they have tons of great reviews and maybe we just had him on an off day but no way would we tour with him again.

We find ourselves on a ship which stops in St. Thomas in May and would love to snorkel with the turtles but with a tour outside the ship. I've really only seen Fury mentioned on here (again, not willing to give them another try). Any other recommendations?

We are booked on the Escape for April 9th sailing. We have booked through the ship with Castaway Girl 2-stop snorkel. I can post back here with a review if you like.

From what I researched, most of the turtle snorkeling excursions are the same price for Adults and Kids, except Castaway Girl. In Canadian $, Adults are $89 and kids $58.

We were thinking of booking Fury, primarily due to time wasted with taxis for other sailboats and expense. Could you share what you did not like about him?

We really enjoyed our day with Tribal Day Sails in February.

Captain Bill took us to a fairly secluded place where we snorkeled with turtles. He gave great snorkeling tips & showed our group of six how to not scare the turtles away.

We have done three day sails in St. Thomas & Tribal has been our favorite. They worked with us to customize our day the way we wanted. One person in our group LOVES turtles so that was our focus.

We really enjoyed our day with Tribal Day Sails in February.

Captain Bill took us to a fairly secluded place where we snorkeled with turtles. He gave great snorkeling tips & showed our group of six how to not scare the turtles away.

We have done three day sails in St. Thomas & Tribal has been our favorite. They worked with us to customize our day the way we wanted. One person in our group LOVES turtles so that was our focus.

I can't find a price for them anywhere. We would also have a group of six, do you remember the pricing?

I can't find a price for them anywhere. We would also have a group of six, do you remember the pricing?

You can contact Tribal at https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwizpZix297LAhUFQyYKHapKDxcQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftribalvi.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNFNXCgOIF_izCeQmWlh3I2bUoCRyw&sig2=pFaNVcYcLEZnbHNgT1L3Ww&bvm=bv.117868183,d.cWw

They were quick to respond & very accommodating allowing us to customize our day to suit our needs.

We did the half day sail & it was wonderful. Captain Bill is a hoot but also very knowledgeable.

This is from the email I received from Tribal.

'We are available for private day charters carrying a maximum of six guests. The following is our price list and what you can expect from Tribal Day sails:

Half Day (3-1/2 hours)--$80 per person. Includes light snacks, rum or vodka mixed cocktails, a variety of beer, sodas and water.

Five hour charter--$110 per person (minimum of 2 people). Includes same as half day, plus one more snorkel spot or we can fish, look for whales or grab lunch at a beach.

Full Day (7 to 8 hours)--$150 per person (minimum of 2 people) includes same as above PLUS lunch AND at least one extra snorkeling spot, or we can choose to relax at a beach.

Sunset Sail (3 hours)--$80 per person. Includes Andre champagne, rum or vodka drinks and hors d'oeuvres.

Please remember to bring cash for gratuity for crew.

We require a 20% deposit to book a charter and we have a 48 hour cancellation policy.

We hope this helps in your planning a truly unique and tropical holiday. We do enjoy customizing the above, so please do not hesitate to tell us what you like to eat and drink. The cost may vary a bit if you upgrade, but we will make every effort to keep our costs to you as standard as possible. It is your vacation, so let us worry about getting it done!'

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu8368%3Enu%3D426%3B%3E6%3B2%3E3%3B3%3E335%3C6%3B24%3A4233ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu8696%3Enu%3D4265%3E485%3E9%3C3%3E3356485%3A%3B4233ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu5734%3Enu%3D4277%3E78%3B%3E%3B3%3A%3E336878%3B%3C2%3B233ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu5%3B66%3Enu%3D4265%3E485%3E997%3E3356485%3A88233ot1lsi

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the review and info. The reviews on trip advisor mention a few times that it was hard to find the marina. Did you have any troubles? This worries me! Otherwise it looks fantastic!!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Below is my review from Trip Advisor. I would say that the adventure to Krum Bay would absolutely keep me from referring friends on this trip. Not being familiar with the island and EVERYONE blowing us off at the cruise port was Terrible. We had to call all 3 numbers Tribal gave us

And only one was answered, Capital Bill. If Tribal knows this is such an issue why would they give you three numbers and only one of them gets answered. We had to call Captain Bill several times, he got so irritated with us and said I'm trying to get the boat ready if I can't get the boat ready then I can't take you guys out. I had to say to him, Well you won't have any people to take out if you don't get us there.

The sail was great once we got there but honestly be prepared, know exactly where you are going (directions step-by-step printed out), and go to the private taxi stand which is not right where you get off the ship. Those people will lie and take you where they want to take you. Make sure you go to the Private taxi stand which is outside the port area. Good luck!

jagvg8.jpg

Edited by Elationismyship

We were thinking of booking Fury, primarily due to time wasted with taxis for other sailboats and expense. Could you share what you did not like about him?

I would have to say that most of the reviews are very positive. We booked with them specifically to see the turtles, but the captain and his assistant had heard there were some whales spotted the day we were there. So first thing they did was try to find the whales which we thought was nice (we thought at first until we just sailed back and forth for 2 hours). But they did not leave enough time for snorkeling with the turtles they took us to that area but would not let us get out Of the boat to swim with them. They said the water was too choppy and their concern for safety for us was priority. Totally would have been fine with us if there weren't about 20 other boat with about 200 people in the water swimming all around us just fine.

We had a family with four small children swimming right along our boat with a couple turtles swimming right around them Small, small kids - no one was having any issues whatsoever.

Our opinion - They spent too much time looking for whales and didn't want to get out all the equipment and take the time to allow us to swim with turtles, which was what we had paid to do in the first place.