Help! Mariners Ball

arzier

Hi

Could you give my husband and I some ideas as to what to wear for the Mariners Ball please. I understand that it is blue and white stripes or naval. I have looked for photos but haven't found any. There are lots of photos and videos of other themed formal nights but not this one.

We will be cruising out of Dubai to Southampton in April 2017 on QM2.

Hi

Could you give my husband and I some ideas as to what to wear for the Mariners Ball please. I understand that it is blue and white stripes or naval. I have looked for photos but haven't found any. There are lots of photos and videos of other themed formal nights but not this one.

We will be cruising out of Dubai to Southampton in April 2017 on QM2.

Folks didn't seem to dress for this theme on our voyages, nor did we. It might be best to post your question on your roll call as your traveling companions may share their ideas or start some brainstorming for the group. Bon voyage!

Hi arizer. Please don't stress about the costume for two reasons: the theme often changes prior to voyage and secondly, the majority of passengers follow the dress code but theme is widely ignored <---Anyway, that's been my experience. Your mileage may vary:) Cheers, -S.

Thank you for you replies. I am very relieved! May I ask another theme night question? I understand that formal nights require women to wear evening gowns but I did see a video of an Ascot theme night where women were wearing cocktail dresses and hats. I'm sorry to seem so obsessed 😳but I would not want to look out of place and incorrectly dressed.

Thank you for you replies. I am very relieved! May I ask another theme night question? I understand that formal nights require women to wear evening gowns but I did see a video of an Ascot theme night where women were wearing cocktail dresses and hats. I'm sorry to seem so obsessed 😳but I would not want to look out of place and incorrectly dressed.

Evening gowns and cocktail dresses are both worn.......for Ascot night some ladies do wear hats or fascinators but definitely in the minority. As has previously been said follow he dress code rather than the theme if you have any doubt

If it helps for my upcoming cruise I will be wearing knee length dresses on the formats, I like long but having a flight restricts the luggage! They are definitely 'formal' dresses though.....all black so one pair of shoes and a bag will go with these

For informal nights I will also be wearing dresses, some patterned,perhaps similar to what I would wear for a wedding/graduation over here, again I have tried to,colour coordinate a little so I can take fewer shoes!!!!!

For my previous cruises I have worn knee length cocktail dresses on formal nights and I felt I fitted in perfectly well! It is only now, on my third cruise and with two more booked, that I realise I'm hooked and have therefore invested in some long evening dresses! Not required by any means [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums