Daily Programme for QE2

spinnaker

I am going to be taking 2 cruises next year on the QE2, not having sailed on her since 1993 - so I guess a lot has changed?!!

I would be very interested to read any recent daily programmes anyone has and would be willing to scan - I know something similar was done for the QM2 and proved extremely popular with many forthcoming passengers. Likewise it would be great to see any recent menus for the Mauretania or Caronia restaurants.

If anyone can help with this matter I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Spinnaker

I feel sorry for you for not getting any response to your thread, seems like QE2 passengers are not as generous as QM2 passengers...

****just kidding ***(wanted to grab their attention).

If anyone has QE2 daily programmes they can scan or send me for scanning, it would be very appreciated by many cruise critic members.

If anyone can help with this matter I would be most grateful.

If you care to email me, would be a pleasure to help a fellow QE2 passenger, and your right a lot has changed!!!:eek: but she is still a great ship, and still has that magic!:D

Myles cunardqueenATaolDOTcom

I have both of what you would like to see,when I know how to send them I will.Stupid computer person!!!

Kathiex:)

Don't say that, you're a very nice person who would like to help but simply doesn't know how.

Do you have access to a scanner?

If you do, let me know and I'll tell you how to upload the scanned files to a public site.

If you don't, could you send them to me by the mail (I swear to return everything in a timely manner) and I could post them here for other people.

I scanned and posted some daily programmes and menus from a cruise in July of this year at http://de.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tapawipi/album?.dir=/6928re2&.view=t

Pages 5 and 6 of the programmes are very similiar for every sea day thus I provide them only ones. I also include one example of the short additional information for German speaking passengers.

I hope this helps somebody and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

carlmm,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post these - it is much appreciated.

Would anyone be able to tell me how I can get these images large enough to be able to read them please? I have tried copying them into MS Word and PowerPoint but neither helped (or I couldn't work out how to make them help!).

Any help much appreciated,

Spinnaker

Maybe somebody can recommend another free web site where I can post the images without loss of quality?

I too can recommend photobucket.com (I'm the pb82 of (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/*****).

It's free and there's no loss of resolution. It does have some minor annoyances:

Uploading is tedious, three or four clicks per file, i.e, no drag-and-drop.

It stores and displays files in LastInFirstOut order, and I haven't figured out how to change that order after loading.

Finally, if there's an easy way to move files between sub-albums, I haven't found it yet.

Good luck,

Paul

You're welcome, patval, thanks for the kind words.

And my thanks to carlmm and Chilkoot for the QE2 information. I've never sailed on the QE2, my wife did once twenty years ago. Now we hope to work out some sort of QM2/QE2 combination for next year or maybe in '08.

By the way, Chilkoot, Captain Christopher Rynd, the QE2 master on your January cruise was the QM2 master on our May/June crossings.

Paul

Thank you very much for uploading the menus and daily programmes so swiftly - it is great to see the delicious menus and the range of activities on offer. The Princess Grill must have been an amazing experience and I can see that I certainly won't be bored during the crossing!

By the way, Chilkoot, Captain Christopher Rynd, the QE2 master on your January cruise was the QM2 master on our May/June crossings.

Paul

I hope you get things worked out to hop on the QE2. It was a wonderful experience, not like any other cruise we've been on.

Archived