Reliability question

DAYLILLY

Hi. After reading a couple of accounts of people using ValueTrips.com to book Fort Lauderdale hotels, I tried to do it last week. I waited 3 days for a confirmation but heard nothing. So I emailed an inquiry as they suggested to do if no response was received. Again I have heard nothing. Has anyone used them recently? I'd just forget it but they have my credit card number and I don't want to be double booked if in fact they did get my ressie request. Just wondered if this happened to anyone else. Thanks!

They might just be particularly inundated. I got my confirmation about 5 days or so after booking. They provide the hotel's confirmation number as well, so you can double-check to make sure it's there (but maybe give it a few days after you receive your confirmation from ValueTrips).

As with any third party booking site, make sure you call the hotel direct in a couple weeks to get a hotel confirmation number.

ValueTrips actually provides the hotel confirmation number in their email confirmation, so there shouldn't be any need to call the hotel. Just go to the Hyatt website, find the section regarding upcoming reservations, put in the confirmation number and the reservation should pop up.