Who's seen #AthensByNight?

BBMacLaird

There are some lovely photos on this blog post....#AthensByNight.

Plus, I just received a promotional piece in my home mailbox "The voyages for those who love Greece." How about you, did you get it too?

On page 17 is a picture of the harbor at Crete. That's a place I haven't been and would love to visit.

Anyone been to Crete by cruise ship?

828033106_Athensatnight.jpg.4d6fe6f7887264c5852e3ce1df7d5760.jpg

There are some lovely photos on this blog post....#AthensByNight.

Plus, I just received a promotional piece in my home mailbox "The voyages for those who love Greece." How about you, did you get it too?

On page 17 is a picture of the harbor at Crete. That's a place I haven't been and would love to visit.

Anyone been to Crete by cruise ship?

Not certain if it could have been called a "cruise" ship, but in July, 1971 my wife and I sailed from Piraeus to Heraklion on an overnight "ferry"(?) Accommodations consisted of a honeycomb of tiny "staterooms" with shared washrooms. In our case, our interior cabin was just wide enough for a bunk bed.

There was a feeble air circulating system which meant you lay on your bed perspiring. I eventually decamped to the outside deck, joining others searching for a breath of air. My wife is of stronger character.

Do we regret this experience? Not at all, if not done in our youth then when?

Perhaps this explains why the size of Azamara's staterooms is never an issue to us [emoji4]

The payoff for this adventure is that Crete was an amazing adventure. There was no major airport on the island (it was just being built), so far fewer tourists and the beaches and sites far less crowded. However, even today it is a lovely destination.