PickUp Near Portland new Pier

Kartgv

We'll be in Portland on the Celebrity Summit on Oct. 7 and plan to walk off the ship and spend the day with my sister who lives near there. The last time we were in Portland was 5 years ago and the ship docked very close to town, but I understand there is a new pier. Can anyone familiar with the area tell us exactly where the new pier is and suggest a good spot that we can walk to and wait for a "pick up" by my sister?

We'll be in Portland on the Celebrity Summit on Oct. 7 and plan to walk off the ship and spend the day with my sister who lives near there. The last time we were in Portland was 5 years ago and the ship docked very close to town, but I understand there is a new pier. Can anyone familiar with the area tell us exactly where the new pier is and suggest a good spot that we can walk to and wait for a "pick up" by my sister?

They are actually very close together. 5 years ago you would have docked at the Maine State Pier, which is right at the foot of Franklin Arterial. The Ocean Gateway Pier/Terminal is only about 1/8 of a mile north of the Maine State Pier.

Cruise ships are docking at both piers, so you should check with your cruise line to see which you are scheduled to use.

It might be easier for your sister to find parking either on the street or one of the parking garages and then meet you outside the terminal at an appointed time.

Hope that helps! :)

I was able to drive right up to the terminal to drop off my mom. I just told the security guys at the gate that I was doing a "drop off". The cab that picked us up was able to drive in, too. You could be in touch with your sister by phone... you'll need about 10 minutes to disembark and get to the terminal (if you're at the Gateway Terminal). Less if you're able to walk fast.

There are also two parking garages very close by... the Casco Bay Lines garage on Commercial Street and the Gateway Parking Garage that you can see from the ship.

Archived