Solo to Alaska (6/11 Westerdam)?

Midwestern Cruiser

Not sure if this is "allowed" or not, but I'm wondering if there are other solos on this sailing next month.

The roll call is extremely small and quiet, so I thought I'd try asking here.

TIA!

Yes, it is allowed:)....hope you have a great cruise.

Aww -- thanks!! I'm sure I will, but it's so much better to share the Oooohs and Aaaahhs with someone. And there are lots of those on an Alaskan sailing.

Yes....Alaska is very majestic with lot of awesome scenery:D

I'm cruising Alaska in June -- next year!! I think it's never too early to start planning, but I'm having trouble researching hotels. Most sites want my travel dates to give me any information, but my dates are either out of range, or I get a "not available" message (they're probably not available for booking yet). It's not so much I want to book now, I just want to research and compare!!

I'm cruising Alaska in June -- next year!! I think it's never too early to start planning, but I'm having trouble researching hotels. Most sites want my travel dates to give me any information, but my dates are either out of range, or I get a "not available" message (they're probably not available for booking yet). It's not so much I want to book now, I just want to research and compare!!

Have had that happen before and there's really not much you can do except compare as far out as possible using the same days of the week...that's what I did and it at least let me get a handle on expected costs.

If you want to compare hotels for amenities, you can always enter an address on a google map (just use an address of something in the area), click the 'search hotels nearby' and then review those on trip advisor's site.

Good luck!

I was on Nieuw Amsterdam in Alaska a few weeks ago. There was a singles and solo get together the first evening. You might want to check your "On Location" when you board to see if there is going to be one on Westerdam.

If you should happen to meet the show host, Jorge, tell him "hi" from one of the Pacific Pearls (that was our trivia name on a 33 day cruise earlier this year - I was the short, white-haired one). His catch phrase is "Hip, Hip, Jorge!" which you will hear if you see him at trivia, karaoke, or any of his other duties.

Enjoy Alaska!