Taxi to Sandcastle

LisaAtlCruiser

I just booked a day pass at Sandcastle on the Beach and trying to figure out taxi cost. I am traveling solo - so won't be sharing a cab (unless I happen to find someone that wants to). I would prefer to walk but see Drake suggests that walking is not good since the road is narrow.

Should I expect taxi to be about $10 each direction?

Never mind, I got my own answer. I booked a day pass at Sand Castle and in their confirmation email they told me that I could book a taxi round trip for $6 per person.

What great service! Just makes me even happier I have booked the day with them. And the taxi is going to be less than I budgeted - so now I can buy an extra rum punch :-) Unless there are any suggestions on something better I should drink. :D

Never mind, I got my own answer. I booked a day pass at Sand Castle and in their confirmation email they told me that I could book a taxi round trip for $6 per person.

What great service! Just makes me even happier I have booked the day with them. And the taxi is going to be less than I budgeted - so now I can buy an extra rum punch :-) Unless there are any suggestions on something better I should drink. :D

Hi Lisa - We'd share with you but we'll be there a few weeks before you. I tried filling out the form for SandCastle online and never got a response so I'm trying it again today. Thanks for the info. on cab fare! Have a great time! :)

So glad! You will need to post to tell me how it was! Did your email tell you about the taxi and getting the round trip ticket?

Yes, it did. I thought that was helpful too. Will try to remember to post when we get back. We'll be flying overnight to get to SJU in time for the cruise so I figured we're going to be pretty useless on Sunday in St. Croix. Thought we can "veg" on the beach. I'm just hoping it's not as loud and crazy as some of the other beaches. :cool:

The taxis at St. Croix are actually vans that will take as many passengers as are waiting to go to the same place. The vans are found at the end of the shopping area to the right. We had no trouble finding them. When you are ready to return to the ship someone at Sand Castle can call for the van to return to get you. Of course a tip for the driver is appreciated. :) we had a nice day at Sand Castle last year even though we ended up getting rained out. The snorkeling isn't great but is OK. We brought our own gear as I don't think they had any. Sand Castle is close to the pier so the ship can be seen from there.

The taxis at St. Croix are actually vans that will take as many passengers as are waiting to go to the same place. The vans are found at the end of the shopping area to the right. We had no trouble finding them. When you are ready to return to the ship someone at Sand Castle can call for the van to return to get you. Of course a tip for the driver is appreciated. :) we had a nice day at Sand Castle last year even though we ended up getting rained out. The snorkeling isn't great but is OK. We brought our own gear as I don't think they had any. Sand Castle is close to the pier so the ship can be seen from there.

Thank you so much for the helpful information! I'm a little burned out on snorkeling, so will skip that, but maybe others that read this will be interested. Sorry you were rained out. We're not going at the best time of year so we know we'll need to be flexible as regards the weather. Thanks again for the help! :)

Depends who's tending the bar but definitely try a Cruzan Confusion.

• 1 month later...
OK Drake, please tell me more about a Cruzan Confusion!

;)

It's basically a rum punch kicked up a few notches using all the flavored cruzan rums. If memory serves it it: Cruzan Mango, Cruzan Pineapple, Cruzan Black Cherry, Cruzan Banana, Cruzan Passion Fruit, and a splash of fruit punch.

The exact recipe is going to depend on what rums they have and who is tending bar.

It's basically a rum punch kicked up a few notches using all the flavored cruzan rums. If memory serves it it: Cruzan Mango, Cruzan Pineapple, Cruzan Black Cherry, Cruzan Banana, Cruzan Passion Fruit, and a splash of fruit punch.

The exact recipe is going to depend on what rums they have and who is tending bar.

It sounds like it should definately be tried!! ;)

Hi everyone! We're back from our wonderful cruise and I just wanted to give you guys some pointers because we had a REALLY hard time finding the place to go to get the taxi van to Sand Castle on the Beach. I'm going to try to post some pictures so you know what to look for.

Sorry these are so massive. I can't find the properties to copy & paste correctly. Maybe someone can help? Here's the info.:

DO NOT go out of the gates. This may have been different in the past, but for our cruise, the table was INSIDE of the port gates, off to your right side by a square building. All you see is a card table and a person in a blue shirt. (The sign under the table falls down a lot.) We asked about 4 or 5 people where to go and got wrong answers by ALL of them, so don't expect to get any help because no one knows what you're talking about.

galleries-1a8380c3d82b173e05cb9b283c2d4bf1-10866850377.JPG

This is the sign on the table:

galleries-1a8380c3d82b173e05cb9b283c2d4bf1-10866851268.JPG

This last picture shows the dock area and the gates that you do not want to go out of.

galleries-1a8380c3d82b173e05cb9b283c2d4bf1-10866849663.JPG

Our time at Sand Castle on the Beach was so nice! Be careful entering the ocean as there are only a few paths you can go through to get in without stubbing your toes on the rocks. This is a perfect place to get a great picture of the ship. It was so comfortable and quiet there and the bar tender (from Sacramento) was really friendly. Hope you all have as good of a time as we did!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my cruise so wanted to add to this thread.

I found the table but you do need to leave the first set of gates and then the table is over on the right side next to the yellow building that has restrooms. I sat inside the first gate for a bit thinking I was too early before I decided to walk out those gates and sure enough the table was there - after walking along this little path in the middle of a garden area that is surrounded by a turn about. It really is not that difficult to find - however, like the previous poster stated - don't go out the second gate.

The trip was easy over to Sand Castle and I was a bit too early so the lady at the front desk had not arrived. But their was a man there and he let us go ahead and take a lounge chair. It was only about 15 minutes or so before the lady at the front desk arrived and I was able to check in and pay. After that, the guy set up the umbrella.

This hotel is nothing fancy - but it really is a nice beach area to relax at. You also have a wonderful view of the ship. And...the mango pina colada's are AWESOME!

Overall, if I ever return to St Croix - I will be booking the day at Sand Castle again.