Pitons & Kids?

Mass2Cruise

Anyone take their kid(s) to see the Pitons? Looking for excursion and/or operator recommendation to get my family, including my 7 year old, to the Pitons. Considering Spencer's since you can go by motorboat vs bus to cut the travel time in half.

We took a tour with Joy Tours and it was fantastic! They picked us up by boat at the port and boated us around to Soufries. I had heard the land trip is quite twisty and I didn't want to get sick.

Once we got to the other side, a van drove us up to the volcano and mud baths. Then we stopped at a waterfall.

Then we were taken back to the harbor and went to a beach for a private lunch.

Finally they took us to the Marine harbor to snorkel between the pitons.

And we were boated back to the port.

I would do it again! My kids were 12 and 9.

I did a trip report about it too at: tallamazon1.blogspot.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by littleaussie

We've done two tours with Spencer recently. We did the "Beach Break" tour in 2013 and that's the one they take you, by speedboat, directly from the ship to Jalousie/Sugar Beach (beach between the Pitons). We had about five hours at the beach. It was perfect for snorkeling, swimming in the swimming area, enjoying the loungers, walking the beach to get pictures...we never felt rushed. Lunch was served, buffet style, at the beach. Unlimited beverages are provided (bottled water, coke, diet coke, rum punch, Piton Beer). The return trip is when you get the "sea tour", with stops at points of interest and for photo opportunities.

In September 2015, we did the Land, Sea, Beach tour. Transportation was by speedboat from the ship to Soufriere, where we got into air conditioned vans and saw the hi-lights around Soufriere (drive-in volcano or mud baths, Toraille Falls, stop at a banana farm, a beautiful overlook). Once the land part of the tour was done, we reboarded the boat and it was a quick 10 - 15 minute ride to Jalousie Beach where we had 2 1/2 hours. We also had lunch with the Beach Break group at the beach that day. Sometimes they have it in a local restaurant, so it may depend on the size of the tours. The unlimited beverages (same as listed above) were also provided on this tour. You also get the "sea tour" on the return trip to the ship.

Next time we get back, we're definitely doing the Beach Break again...best snorkeling we've seen and Spencer and his crew are great and do their best to keep everything on schedule to assure you're back to the ship with plenty of time. We've always had plenty of time afterwards to browse the shops at the cruise center before having to be back on board.

Edited by pghsteelerfan