Hotel Maya in Long Beach shuttle question....

AlwayzCruising

So, we are staying at the Hotel Maya the night before our cruise and we have 8 people in our party, but we have a local friend that will be joining us for the cruise. I was hoping to be able to pick him up and then take the shuttle to the port.... is the hotel going to be specific about who is on their shuttle? I can't put 5 in a room but I don't want to spend the extra $$ for another room just to get him on the shuttle... just wondering how everyone's past experience about who gets on is handled.

That was another thought. Do you know if it is fairly easy to get in and out of the area and be able to find the way back to the hotel? I know it doesn't look far but having not done it before I really wasn't sure of how easy the round trip is to get from hotel and back ....

I am a little confused?

Does your friend live in Long Beach??

If yes he can get to the Maya without you picking him up at his home. He can get a neighbor to drive him or call an inexpensive Uber/Lyft car or take the free passport bus.

Why would he need to get to the Maya to go the less than 1 more mile to the port???