5D Theater on the Breeze

mgonagl

We did it. it's ok..... but I will admit my wife and I have annual passes to Disney World and Universal Studios so we are a bit bias.

We did the pass for $15 you buy them right in front of the 5D theater. All the times we did it the theater was never full and the wait was minimal.

For $15 a person I think its worth it. Its just one more option to fill your day:)

It's set up like a movie theatre, and there is a little "box office" right in front, where you can purchase your passes.

On our first Breeze cruise, last year, we did it multiple times.

This year, we didn't go once.

It's one of those, once and done:D:D:D:D

Would not recommend if anyone has back or neck problems.

I've had 3 surgeries at the L4/L5 region. Last one about 10 years ago. Still active, work full time, play golf, go bowling, etc.

Watched 1 movie in this theatre and was down for the count. Would not have survived if not for some Vicoden left over from a dental procedure

Is the pass for unlimited use for the week? Pass costs 15.00? How much for just 1 time? Do they play different movies during the week? How long do they last? Thank you. Sorry so many questions :confused:

$15 for the week or $8 for one showing. The movies rotate, I wanna say there was 8 and they would do a double feature sometimes if the movie they were showing was only like 5 minutes. Also some of the movies were like rides, and those were by far my favorite. For the $15 it's definitely worth checking out! around 730 or 8 at night it can fill up so get there early because I believe it was only 16 people in each showing, and once you have the glasses handed to you from the person in the ticket booth you're accounted for and allowed to go in, once the showing before is over of course.

We had a different experience because every afternoon we went there was a line and we were always early so we got in but others had to wait the 15-20 minutes for the next showing. They dry off the seats for you in-between shows and some of the employees setting up the movies had never done it before so they would call someone and verify they were doing it right. Also, there was one row broken a couple days we were there and if you want to be rocking, and aren't, it is kind of a let-down. The water does spray you right in the face and you will learn quickly where the spray comes from and hold your hand there if you don't want to get squirted. I didn't care for the log ride, which is a simulation of a lumber yard with saws and you are the log, but the others were all fun and I really enjoyed a few of them, very fun! A lady in our group had been on the Breeze the year before and said all the rides were the same so not as fun, but I think I would love to do them again. It's a great diversion in the hot afternoons and does not take a big chunk of time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Technically it is a 4D as they had to shut off the part that puts out a scent due to folks have allergies and such. The movement can be a bit jolting at times. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone with neck issues.

With the 4th dimension having to do with time travel, this is technically a 3D theater with added effects & movements. I also wouldn't recommend it to anyone with neck or back troubles, or anyone who doesn't like sudden unexpected movements.

The cost to see it just once is about $8, while unlimited is only $15. At that price, don't expect a Universal Studios caliber experience. But since the Breeze's nighttime entertainment can be quite dull & nonexistent at times, this 3D theater was well worth the price for me. At times, especially later in the cruise, it was quite busy. I was lucky to find a single empty seat showing up right before the next showing started a couple times. As a couple or a group, it's smart to show up about 15 minutes early.

On my sailing, there were blocks of time, 2-3 hours, during the morning, afternoon, & evenings that we were not in port. Each block of time plays the same film every half hour. The next block of time will show a different film. Some of the films would be 2 or 3 films of about 5-10 minutes each, totaling about 15-20 minutes. For us, there were basically 4 different films or sets of films that would rotate. Since our sailing, at least 1 has been added.