QM2 - ILLUMINATIONS Planeterium

debjo

Greetings,

I just read that tickets need to be obtained onboard to see this event listed in the Daily Program. Is there a cost for these tickets? If so how much are they?

We're trying to plan for our upcoming Transatlantic cruise on the QM2.

Thanks for your help!

Debjo

Greetings,

I just read that tickets need to be obtained onboard to see this event listed in the Daily Program. Is there a cost for these tickets? If so how much are they?

Thanks for your help!

Debjo

You need to collect tickets for the Planetarium shows, they are free and on a first come first served basis from 9am each show day at the desk outside Connexions on deck 2 forward.

We never had a problem getting tickets on an 11 night cruise, there are a few different shows and we were able to see all 3 over the course of our cruise. they seemed to run them for a couple of consecutive days before changing to a different show so each show got screened about 8 times or so. This was not clear to some passengers who thought it was only 1 show being repeated every day, or others who queued for tickets to the same show they had seen the previous day :-) so good to watch the daily programme for details of what is showing. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Curlu for your input.

Did everyone enjoy the Planetarium experience?

Now I'm wondering if one also needs tickets to hear the Guest Speakers when they are scheduled to give their talks in the Illuminations?

Debjo

Edited by debjo

I did enjoy the planetarium shows but I must admit I struggled to stay awake, the reclined seats combined with the soporific voices of the narrators no doubt! The reason for the tickets for the planetarium shows is that only the centre seats can be used for the show so not the whole auditorium seating is available so seats are considerably reduced. No such restriction with the speakers, whose talks are also shown on the tv channel after the event if you happen to miss them live!

Enjoy! I wish I were going back on board!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Curlu

For Curlu...

You have given us a good picture of what to expect. It is also great to know that we can catch any "missed" speakers on our cabin television afterwards. You are a wealth of knowledge...thanks again!

Debjo

Greetings,

Thanks for your help!

Debjo

Best to get the tickets early & line up early,as the shows are popular. If you're in the Grills the tickets are also available in the Concierge lounge. Being in thr Grills, however doesn't get you "front row!" You still have to wait in line as everyone else.

Sometimes, we have experienced "canceled planetarium shows" for a number of days---not sure why… technological reasons or rough seas. ???

Just a heads up: go and see the show and don't put it off thinking you will go a different day. Sometimes, there aren't as many opportunities as you would anticipate.

It IS worthwhile. We have never had a problem getting a ticket.

Thanks jimmybean for those tips...we'll try to get this onboard event in early, just in case there are any cancellations.

And keithm...based on what you've said, it seems that we'll have to wait in two lines...one to get the tickets and then one to get in the door. This is another important thing to keep in mind.

These boards are great for getting all the pertinent information to make ones voyage the absolute best!

Debjo

Edited by debjo

You are welcome, Debjo.

I see from your tagline that you were on the QE2.

...It is a regret DH and I never had that experience. By the time we figured out the QE2 was something "not to be missed" she was out of commission.

We are excited about May 9th as well… (I'm probably off-topic and should be saying this on roll-call : ) …Of course, we are excited every time we board her.

I hope you enjoy the crossing.

We went to two Planetarium presentations but I am claustrophobic and didn't like it much. My OH sat right in the middle in the "good" seats and I sat as close to the exit as I was allowed to (there are specific seats for the presentation).

I was feeling quite panicky prior to the first performance when things were made better for me when a lady stood up and made for the exit shouting "get me out of here" - suddenly I didn't feel quite so bad :D:D:D.

I always liked the shows. I think I have seen each several times unless they have new ones since my last cruise on QM2.

Some of the seats don't lay back well because the mechanism is broken.

If the que is too long in the Connextions they sometimes have extra tickets last minute because the Queens Grill passengers get a set to use and don't take all of them.

And alot of people fall asleep while the show runs. It must be the gentle movement and the darkness in the theater.