New Orleans hotel for week long parking

crusing_guy

You are better off looking in the Ports of Call forum for suggestions. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Gretna. They have free parking the duration of the cruise, but you have to take a taxi to the port. I beleive La Quinta in Gretna also has free parking and a shuttle.

I am looking for any suggestions on a hotel in or near New Orleans that offers parking for the length of the cruise. Any suggestions?

I have seen this one recommended. You will have to contact them about their parking and what the charge is for leaving your car. I believe you might find a minimum stay required. Cruise parking packages are not popular in New Orleans and parking there can be $25+ per night so you might want to consider parking at the cruise terminal if the hotel parking doesn't work out. The terminal is $14 per day and secure.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d89119-Reviews-Prytania_Park-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html

Holiday Inn at Superdome is near. Ramada at Metarie is also good. I used the Ramada last October. Both have had shuttles to the port, but check in advance. Taxi from port to hotel. One night stay was required. Holiday Inn is nearest to the French Quarter for night before fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

BEWARE!!! We are staying at the Ramada Inn in Metaire for two nights before our Dream Cruise on June 29th. This is the WORSE hotel I have ever stayed in. Im trying my best to find another hotel for tonight but everyone is booked. If you do not care to sleep its fine, but the walls are so thin you can hear the neighbors breath, everyone in the hallways personal conversations and it goes on ALL NIGHT!!! My husband sat down on the bed (he is 5'7 and weighs 160 lbs) and the bed broke. UNREAL!!! When we first pulled up to the hotel, we thought for sure we were in the wrong place. It looks like a prison. Its in a rough part of town. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you stay as far away from this hotel as possible!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I am looking for any suggestions on a hotel in or near New Orleans that offers parking for the length of the cruise. Any suggestions?

Last time we stayed at Super8 New Orleans....we left our car and didnt have a problem...I liked it, my DD said the beds were too hard, but you know kids.

Very reasonable...like $68 per night....you have to take a taxi to the port and back though, but when you consider the price of the room and parking, thats a small thing.....its like paying to park and getting the room for free ;)

BEWARE!!! We are staying at the Ramada Inn in Metaire for two nights before our Dream Cruise on June 29th. This is the WORSE hotel I have ever stayed in. Im trying my best to find another hotel for tonight but everyone is booked. If you do not care to sleep its fine, but the walls are so thin you can hear the neighbors breath, everyone in the hallways personal conversations and it goes on ALL NIGHT!!! My husband sat down on the bed (he is 5'7 and weighs 160 lbs) and the bed broke. UNREAL!!! When we first pulled up to the hotel, we thought for sure we were in the wrong place. It looks like a prison. Its in a rough part of town. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you stay as far away from this hotel as possible!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT a rough part of town. It was there before the additional interstate exits were were built in the last few years making it difficult to get to/from and necessitating the iron fence. This is not a comment on the hotel, just the location.