Can't miss and what to do in Asia.

slg1979

Hello! Hubby and I have decided we want to travel to Asia in 2018. I really have no idea where to begin. We want to do a cruise as well as spend some time post/pre cruise on land. Not many cruises have been released yet, but I want to be ready when they become available. We want to see the Great Wall of china as well as Hong Kong and/or Singapore. Any and all suggestions, hints and links will be appreciated! I have relied on cruise critic and its wonderful members to plan many 'once in a lifetime' trips and am hoping to once again.

Thank you!

Wow, that's a clean sheet to start with. So here's my opening gambit! Not sure how long you have but you could fly in to Beijing and do a land tour of China (with internal flights), taking in the Great Wall, etc. Fly to Xian for the Terracotta Warriors and then on to Chegdu for the pandas. Fly to Guilin for the beautiful Li river. You could add a Yangtse river cruise for a few days (Chongqing to Yichang) and fly on to Shanghai. Chinese travel agencies can put this together for you no problem. Finally, fly on to Hong Kong for a couple of days and pick up a cruise to Singapore (14 days via Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand). Holland America, amongst others, do such itineraries.

Your options are endless, good luck.

Thank you! I've been doing some research and I think what I would like to do is start a cruise in Singapore and disembark near Beijing. There are a lot of options. Thank you for your advice. A minimum of three weeks would be necessary, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! I've been doing some research and I think what I would like to do is start a cruise in Singapore and disembark near Beijing. There are a lot of options. Thank you for your advice. A minimum of three weeks would be necessary, in my opinion.

Look out for the Ovation of the Seas from Singapore to Hong Kong or to Tianjin. :)

Sounds like you're wanting to do pretty much what we are in October.

Our itinerary: http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=M634

Flying to Singapore from here is at best with layovers, 26 hours so we broke it up by flying direct to Tokyo and staying there a few days to sight see then onto Singapore for a couple of days before embarkation...

Post cruise we are staying in Beijing for 4 days to take in the Great Wall, etc...

Four weeks total away pre & post cruise... :)

Edited by hel0013

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! Hubby and I have decided we want to travel to Asia in 2018. I really have no idea where to begin. We want to do a cruise as well as spend some time post/pre cruise on land. Not many cruises have been released yet, but I want to be ready when they become available. We want to see the Great Wall of china as well as Hong Kong and/or Singapore. Any and all suggestions, hints and links will be appreciated! I have relied on cruise critic and its wonderful members to plan many 'once in a lifetime' trips and am hoping to once again.

Thank you!

NCL Jewel is doing Asia in Feb & Mar 2018. They offer an 11 day from Sing to HK as well as others in the area.

We too are doing this great trip. We are starting the cruise in Sidney ending in Japan 40 days later plus we are doing a post cruise stay in Japan,plus 3 week inland china land tour and a pre cruise stay in Hawaii and Sidney. 71 days:eek::)